Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Phil's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I agree, these mufflers have a nice deep tone, everything else out on the market is too harsh at the top, these keep that at bay. Nice find Phil.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Wow..those are cheap. Hmmm..I may have to look at getting a set of those as well.
those monroe air shocks are cheap for a reason. for on the road they're all right. the ride is quite a bit stiffer. not really intended for offroad or "rough" driving. i slid in to a ditch last week and i didn't hit anything. only ended up twisting the shock a little. im taking it back and getting it swapped but i thought i'd update you guys on the ruggedness. even though im a little late to the party...

Old 02-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Thanks oktain. I always like when I'm able to contribute something on here, Lord knows it aint often! Haha.

Thanks for the tip. I talked to my dad a few weeks ago about air shocks since he had a pair on the rear of his first car, 75 Nova making 300+ rwhp. He said they looked badass and jacked up the rear end to make it look like the nose was about to eat the pavement, but that quality was sacraficed. I'm thinking about saving up for a 2" suspension lift for next summer, along with 31s. All for looks admittedly.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:14 AM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Looking good

Old 02-13-2010, 01:33 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

mines too loud. those mufflers sound good. and yeah the 2" lift and brush guard will make it look mean. espically if you put some aggressive 31x10.50 mud tires on it.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

here's 2 vid's from YouTube on those muffler's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WwZD1dtYkE

this 2nd one is better, i think the headers help add to it. although it'd be nice if he hit the upper register in his vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=famFimLagn8

Old 02-13-2010, 02:50 PM

I love how its sounds with headers, but he used Edelbrock's TES Headers and they say that they only work for 95-97 models with the 4.3 and I thought 95 1/2 to 97 4.3s were the same as the ones used until 2005. With the exception of the 4.3s that didn't have the EGR from mid 2002-05.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Got my Hypertech PPIII in the mail yesterday. Replaced the 180 t-stat with the factory rated one (as per PPIII's instructions for 4.3s), and plugged in the Programmer. Wow. Big difference. Running on the 93 Octane tuning and increased the shift firmness by 25%.

Now I'm working on painting the chrome strip on the grille black. Pics later!

Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 PM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

Nice build you've got going on!

Old 02-21-2010, 11:42 AM

Finished painting the chrome strip! Cell phone pics for now, sorry guys.

(Before putting the brush guard on)

(With brush guard on)

When the mail came yesterday, I got the gasket I was missing to be able to put my CAI on. That'll be next weekend's project. After doing this and a clay bar & wax job on both my dad's 04 Ram 2500, and my gilrfriend's dad's 06 F-150 King Ranch... I'm pooped for the weekend.

Next exterior mod: lighting up that guard!
Next performance mod: CAI