Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010 | 05:44 PM
Beginning Member
bill737 is on a distinguished road

BlazerGuy, could you give any tips for sanding that really thin area of the side-window molding along the bottom and front edges to prep for paint? I will be doing the same thing soon and can see myself ripping up the masking tape. lol

Also, I am leaning toward the spray-on bedliner for that trim since the texture may hide the roughness if I choose not to even it out with bondo or primer filler. I am going to try to sand and smooth it, but I suppose I am trying to take the easy way out since I've never painted before. Any thoughts on bedliner on the trim?

Last edited by bill737; 09-06-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2010 | 11:28 PM
|
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bill737
BlazerGuy, could you give any tips for sanding that really thin area of the side-window molding along the bottom and front edges to prep for paint? I will be doing the same thing soon and can see myself ripping up the masking tape. lol

Also, I am leaning toward the spray-on bedliner for that trim since the texture may hide the roughness if I choose not to even it out with bondo or primer filler. I am going to try to sand and smooth it, but I suppose I am trying to take the easy way out since I've never painted before. Any thoughts on bedliner on the trim?
hey sorry it took me a few days to get back to you, school is just starting up again and i haven't had much free time. As for the little strips of molding i just taped them up and sanded them by hand as best i could, i repeated this several times by adding sandable primer. That area on mine did not come out perfect however, it did improve.

As for the spray on bedliner, i think it would work just fine it's more of how you would like it to look. I chose to use a normal semi-gloss paint because i thought it would match the rear windows and my tinted tail lights quiet well.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask! ill try to check this daily from now on

-Derek

Old 10-19-2010 | 04:21 PM
|

Hey everyone, i've finally got back into the usual school routine so i should be able to post on here a little more. Here are a few pictures with some subtle changes that i've made to the blazer.

Let me know what y'all think!

Old 10-19-2010 | 05:21 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

VERY nice! Love the black bar on the grille. I hope yours holds up as well as mine has so far I saw on that I swear looked 100% identical to your last pictures aroudn my town.

Old 10-19-2010 | 05:48 PM
|

Originally Posted by Phil
VERY nice! Love the black bar on the grille. I hope yours holds up as well as mine has so far I saw on that I swear looked 100% identical to your last pictures aroudn my town.
Haha well i haven't been to florida or anywhere near there recently so I guess it was just a twin!

By the way how many of the interior lights did you do?

Old 10-19-2010 | 05:53 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

One 8 inch strip on each side under the dash. As I learned with these, soldering is your friend haha.

Old 10-19-2010 | 06:22 PM
|

Originally Posted by Phil
One 8 inch strip on each side under the dash. As I learned with these, soldering is your friend haha.
Ha did you replace any of the cluster lights or lights in the 4wd unit?

Old 10-19-2010 | 06:46 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Hey Derek, it looks great. do you have any issues with seeing your turn signals at night now? stock signals suck at showing through tints

Old 10-19-2010 | 09:55 PM
|

Originally Posted by MTopper
Hey Derek, it looks great. do you have any issues with seeing your turn signals at night now? stock signals suck at showing through tints
Well no one else ever drives my truck so i don't ever really get the opportunity to see it lol, but now that you mention it when i was driving home tonight while it was dark i could see it reflecting off another car? i know its night but thats still a decent amount of light, if you look closely at the tint you can still see the orange so its not horribly deep tint.

Old 10-19-2010 | 09:59 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i noticed it but still wasn't sure. i did the same to my stocks and it was to dark. cop yelled at me about that but didn't notice my HIDs, tinted windows, or system so.... guess i got lucky

Quick Reply: Project Blazed