Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:16 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
you could go with the procomps. Thats what I have. They are 4.5" backspacing too. I think the procomps are about $50 a rim
I could go for procomps or cragars, however i do like that the cragars stick out that extra .5" lol ive been looking for that more aggressive look and i think that will help. are there any wheels out that only run $50 or so per wheel that are matte black?

Old 11-09-2010, 03:27 PM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road

for the black rock rims there like 50 a rim and you can get them made to order right trough blackrock or through discounttire.com i am going through discount tire because it is easier for me **(through discount tire you have to call them about the rims there not available on there website)**

and no tire stores sells the steel rims because there made to order only the cast aluminum are sold in stores (i personally like the street lock rims but cant afford them YET :P ) email me if you want any more info on this company i like there build quality the best for the money and i like the fact that they include the center cap instead of haveing to pay an extra 12.50 or more a piece if ya get what im saying

Last edited by kinter614; 11-09-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:01 PM

Well this was the post i hoped i would never have to make but my blazer was totaled today after sliding on ice. I dont have any pictures yet because its still at the towers lot, ill get them up here in the next few days. I'm going to be scrapping it out so take a look at that thread and PM me if you want ANYTHING.

Details about the crash:
I was driving down adams road and it was all sheet ice so i was doing about 25-30mph, i was coming up to a light and it turned yellow when i was about 300 feet back and there was a flatbed sitting on my shoulder facing me on my side of the road, i tried to stop and get into the ditch but unfortunately i just slide and couldn't just use the shoulder like i should have been able to because he was there....well needless to say i hit him and its totaled...

Everyone was ok and thats really all that matters to me, my girlfriend was in the car and thats all that i was worried about. We'll see if i get another blazer or what not i really haven't made up my mind about that cause i need to get the money first. I'll try to stay active in the forum but who knows,

I also got a careless driving ticket in the act do you guys think it will be worth it to fight it in court or just deal with the ticket and points?

Thanks
-Derek

Old 12-13-2010, 06:31 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
Well this was the post i hoped i would never have to make but my blazer was totaled today after sliding on ice. I dont have any pictures yet because its still at the towers lot, ill get them up here in the next few days. I'm going to be scrapping it out so take a look at that thread and PM me if you want ANYTHING.

Details about the crash:
I was driving down adams road and it was all sheet ice so i was doing about 25-30mph, i was coming up to a light and it turned yellow when i was about 300 feet back and there was a flatbed sitting on my shoulder facing me on my side of the road, i tried to stop and get into the ditch but unfortunately i just slide and couldn't just use the shoulder like i should have been able to because he was there....well needless to say i hit him and its totaled...

Everyone was ok and thats really all that matters to me, my girlfriend was in the car and thats all that i was worried about. We'll see if i get another blazer or what not i really haven't made up my mind about that cause i need to get the money first. I'll try to stay active in the forum but who knows,

I also got a careless driving ticket in the act do you guys think it will be worth it to fight it in court or just deal with the ticket and points?

Thanks
-Derek

just heard about it. that really sucks. a friend of mine rolled his truck and got one of those tickets. from what i understand it doesn't matter if you are going 2 mph or 25mph you will get a ticket for going to fast for conditions/reckless driving.

i say try to find a blazer with no motor/transmission problems. if your motor and trans is not messed up and swap the guts from yours to another. that way you'll have extra parts if you need them. or if you want to go another route. like starting over with another truck/project now would be the time

it definitely sucks and i know how you feel. luckily for me when i wrecked my car it was in the middle of now where so i didn't get a ticket but i totaled it.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by blueblazer1982
just heard about it. that really sucks. a friend of mine rolled his truck and got one of those tickets. from what i understand it doesn't matter if you are going 2 mph or 25mph you will get a ticket for going to fast for conditions/reckless driving.

i say try to find a blazer with no motor/transmission problems. if your motor and trans is not messed up and swap the guts from yours to another. that way you'll have extra parts if you need them. or if you want to go another route. like starting over with another truck/project now would be the time

it definitely sucks and i know how you feel. luckily for me when i wrecked my car it was in the middle of now where so i didn't get a ticket but i totaled it.
I'm thinking i can fight the ticket since he was on my shoulder so i had nowhere to go...im thinking about either going the jeep route or maybe a k5...we will see

Old 12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

well if you go the k5 route i got advice and parts if you need any

if you went the blazer route would you stick with zr2?

found this not sure how close to you it is http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/2110420704.html

Old 12-13-2010, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Derek, that really sucks! good to know though that you're all ok. I was having some major issues myself in this crap weather. hopefully you can explain your way out of the ticket or at least get it reduced down to something like impeding traffic. if there is anything you need help with, let me know

Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

What's the worst that can happen if you fight it? You waste the state's time? Personally a wreckless is BS, if there's ice at an intersection I don't care how fast you're going, you're sliding into something. I had a close call with the Sierra tonight but one wheel managed to find some grip lmao. ABS helped me keep it relatively straight.

Glad everyone's okay.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by oktain
What's the worst that can happen if you fight it? You waste the state's time? Personally a wreckless is BS, if there's ice at an intersection I don't care how fast you're going, you're sliding into something. I had a close call with the Sierra tonight but one wheel managed to find some grip lmao. ABS helped me keep it relatively straight.

Glad everyone's okay.
What do you think my shots are at getting the ticket repealed? and it wasn't reckless just careless...there is a difference but either one sucks...especially when you are still on your 3 year probational period for your license... and did i mention my abs decided to not work? =/

Old 12-14-2010, 09:35 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Careless driving ticket when the situation isn't in your favor. I would fight it. You couldn't get your vehicle to stop and swerve because of the ice.
I know people who have fought the their ticket and won simply because the cop doesn't show up to court. So the case gets thrown out. Sucks about the truck.

Quick Reply: Project Blazed