Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Fullsized Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

beautiful truck! i want one also.... too bad i can't afford the gas haha. great work there man

Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I SPY A Blazer in the 3rd picture is it yours ? =P

Old 08-26-2011, 01:34 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
I SPY A Blazer in the 3rd picture is it yours ? =P
he got rid of his jimmy for the original full size.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:17 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Mack is right. Its not mine nor would I want that one. Basically ready for the scrap yard.

Thanks Mack. I really actually had to buy another truck. I was told the engine had about a year left before total failure so I went to the GMC dealer. They game me $9500 for my truck but had to buy out my lien for $17000. So a $26777 truck turned into a $38000 truck after taxes and add-ons. I am extremely happy with it. VERY ballsy compared to the 05. I love the interior, gauges look stunning and a center console you could hide a person in.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Mack is right. Its not mine nor would I want that one. Basically ready for the scrap yard.

Thanks Mack. I really actually had to buy another truck. I was told the engine had about a year left before total failure so I went to the GMC dealer. They game me $9500 for my truck but had to buy out my lien for $17000. So a $26777 truck turned into a $38000 truck after taxes and add-ons. I am extremely happy with it. VERY ballsy compared to the 05. I love the interior, gauges look stunning and a center console you could hide a person in.
So you can fit a subwoofer in there? haha, i have always wanted someone to let me do it.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:28 PM

Could? Easily! Do I want to? No. lol WHEN I do stereo, subs are under the seat facing backwards or up. To get my system up and running is going to be expensive. I need 6.5" comps, 6.5" coax, all the wiring, GMOS harness with OnStar retention, double din plate and all wiring. Local shop quoted $800 with no profit for him because were good friends. For someone he doesn't know he said upwards of $1700. Probably just gonna build up over the winter and install next spring. Looking at Vibe V2 for speakers and if I can get $500 saved for a sub, Incriminator Death Penalty 12. Other than that I'm looking at exhaust, rockstars with BFGs, cam, and a tune. Then a Lift once I pay for it.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:05 AM
BF Veteran

I will let you stare with mouth wide open at whats going into mine soon..... :-D you'll be amazed at things i've learned in the past year haha. I literally sold all my JL equipment minus my components. all 3 amps and sub literally bought me 2 new more powerful amps, subs, an alternator and materials for box...

I will be looking at a new vehicle come next summer so we'll both be in the same boat as to what we spend money on haha.

truck looks sexy as hell man. still hating you for having it but happy at the same time

Old 08-28-2011, 02:24 PM

I'm happy! Thanks Mack! I think this is the start of something I really want to do. Getting lots of work for our company and we came up with out logo and soon to get shirts. Were already thinking of shop space. Everyone I talk to wants something done. I'm hoping by next year to be working on vehicles full time. I just need to find out where to get an apprentiship or training for car audio or mechanics.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:11 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I'm happy! Thanks Mack! I think this is the start of something I really want to do. Getting lots of work for our company and we came up with out logo and soon to get shirts. Were already thinking of shop space. Everyone I talk to wants something done. I'm hoping by next year to be working on vehicles full time. I just need to find out where to get an apprentiship or training for car audio or mechanics.
want to move to detroit? my buddy and i are doing the same thing lol.
Flash Intro Page

for car audio, honestly, what you've been doing is all that a shop can offer you. most places only know the basic jobs, how to wire them and basic tunes. if you asked them "what would increasing the size of my box do while keeping the same port?" they'd have to consult a book. if you just read, read, read, read, and practice, you'll know what to do in the situation. ask Alton, i'm on a bunch of different forums but you rarely see me comment. i absorb what i see and hear. i don't ask many questions because i can understand whats going on ya know? not trying to be arrogant with that but i have a mind that can read it once and remember it for 20 years.

That and my co-owner Dave is awesome with SPL builds. I know daily driver/sq cars while he knows mega bass. he has the loudest daily driver in Metro Detroit.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 PM

Thats awesome. I found an 8 week online course the is FREE but you can buy a kit with diode, capacitors, resistors and such which is optional (I'll bite lol) and a automatic multi-meter. So for somewhere around $100 I'm gonna get fully certified for car audio. Starts on the 5th of September but I think I'm gonna wait till the next one. hopefully somewhere around December or so.

I get sooooo many calls for HIDs, but people want them the day of. I need to go take out a loan and buy a **** ton of them so I don't have to revert them to other shops that sell them for $120 with a **** warranty. I would seriously consider moving but not until I'm certified and comfortable to get out and go with it. Its a side job (1 of 4) for me right now.

I'm gonna pursue this because its what I want to do. Enough doing what I'm told. Car audio isn't and will never die.

Quick Reply: Project: Fullsized Upgrade!