Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: It's about time.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:33 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ok I finally got some time off today and I got it fixed. Turned out to be two of the three bolts on the positive terminal on the battery were stripped and not making a good connection.

Starts like a champ now.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Well, at least it sounds like it was an easy fix!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I finally got around to wiring my roof lights with relays today. Took about 20 min. Not too bad. I did use about 20' of wire on the project though.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:43 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
Well I finally got around to wiring my roof lights with relays today. Took about 20 min. Not too bad. I did use about 20' of wire on the project though.
Do you have a before and after relay pic? I'm curious to see how much brighter they are now. If they are noticeably brighter, I might put a relay in for my guard lights.

Do you think they are brighter without comparing?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:21 AM
BF Veteran

I don't have a comparison pic, but I can get one. It'll take about 30 seconds to wire it up again.

But let me say, no, I don't think they are much brighter, but it has been a long time scince I last used them.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I would like to see an after pic when you get time. I added relays to mine as well and didn't notice a huge difference if any at all. This is why I have an HID retrofit in my near future plans for my roof lights.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah, I plan on getting these to put in mine someday.

I'll get some pics tonight.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran

Well I just ordered a pair of ACDelco upper ball joints. Mine are shot, they have no grease in them thanks to the boots being torn.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
Well I just ordered a pair of ACDelco upper ball joints. Mine are shot, they have no grease in them thanks to the boots being torn.
Did they start making noise or did you see grease all over everything? Or did you just routinely check the front end?

And I would of thought the relay would of made them brighter. Guess all a relay really does is make the lights a little safer. (less load)

Old 03-08-2012, 07:56 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

they do get a tad brighter Not much tho

i do agree on the safer load tho

Quick Reply: Project: It's about time.