Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: It's about time.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I've been under my blazer alot this week and the boots are torn and I don't see any grease in or around them. So I have a feeling it's time to replace them.

I forgot to get pics of the lights last night. I'll get them tonight.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:42 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ok so I got the pics. The two lights in the middle are NOT using a relay. The two on the outside ARE using relays.

These pics are taken without my headlights on, and the wall is about 25' away.

^This first pic is just the fog lights to give you a scale of how bright they are.

So yeah, I don't think they are any brighter, even in person I couldn't tell any difference.

The only reason I changed to relays was to use switches that couldn't handle the power of the lights before.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

I guess I'm missing something here - Are relays said to make lights brighter? I mean yeah, removing several feet of wire and a switch from the circuit improves efficiency (I'm too lazy on Saturday to find the formula and figure out how much additional resistance 6' would add)

I always assumed the main function of a relay was to keep from running heavy wire everywhere. But I have to admit that I haven't really thought about it much. Is it commonly accepted that a relay improves performance? Looks like I have more reading t do

Old 03-10-2012, 01:43 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I assume the idea is that the switch was limiting the lighting performance, so a relay would amplify the power from the switch to the light, ideally creating more current and a brighter light.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Starting Member

BTW, I don't yet know whether to curse you or thank you for the intrument panel LED info. But either way, I'm doing that as soon as the overhead computer doohickey shows up and it's your fault.
Can't wait. Darn you!

Old 03-11-2012, 09:01 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Lol New word to my vocabulary DOOHicky

Old 03-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Jdub23 is on a distinguished road

That's a pretty bad *** blazer what lights did you use in the back as reverse lights?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by wyzardd
BTW, I don't yet know whether to curse you or thank you for the intrument panel LED info. But either way, I'm doing that as soon as the overhead computer doohickey shows up and it's your fault.
Can't wait. Darn you!
Glad I could help/tempt you.
Originally Posted by Jdub23
That's a pretty bad *** blazer what lights did you use in the back as reverse lights?
Thanks! I just got some $20 driving lights from autozone.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:44 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Lol New word to my vocabulary DOOHicky
You've never heard of doohicky before? lol.

I use a few words down here that some people are like wha?!

Like for someone that I can't think of their name at the moment, I call 'em doojigger.

For something happening later on, I say see you after while.

Instead of you all, I end up saying yall without even thinking about it.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Thogert
Glad I could help/tempt you.
I wouldn't even consider it if not for the list of bulbs on page 2. Between you and Tibby, I just don't have any excuses left (you see, I'm kinda lazy - Pulling the dash apart is no problem, but looking up compatible part numbers is just way too much work)

I believe I've complimented you on what you've done so far, but if not consider yourself complimented.

Quick Reply: Project: It's about time.