Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: It's about time.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:32 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ok I got the ball joints installed. It wasn't too bad, other than when I was doing the first one I wasted about 30 min. trying to get the bottom nut off by TIGHTENING it. Once I figured that out it went well until I had the first one back on, then I remembered that I hadn't put any grease in it yet. So I had to pull it off again and fill it then reinstall it. The second one was off and on in about 25 min. now that I knew what I was doing. I'll try to get pics of the old ones tonight to show how bad they were.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Beginning Member
mod8521 is on a distinguished road

I like the leds in your interior. I am going to have to do that and get a underhood light wired up. Always remember It is usually the simpliest answer when something doesnt work.(as in the case of your starter)

Old 03-23-2012, 04:24 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, and yeah, the problem with that logic, is there are alot of simple things to go wrong. But it's usually right there staring you right in the face.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Starting Member
r0k0 is on a distinguished road

the picture with the 4 spot are your top light on the roof right ?

Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Haha I hate it when I forget to do a step in a repair. I did head gaskets on my bosses 5 series bmw last week and when I was putting the valve covers back on I forgot to put the inner gasket on. So off it came! Owell I just try and look at it as experience Good to see you got yours all finished up though.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:52 PM
jimmy2000 is on a distinguished road

looks good whered you get the dash lights from

Old 04-05-2012, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks, I got most from Superbrightleds.com

Old 04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
BF Veteran

Well I got my leds and boards in for the tail lights. Now I just need to find a way to get the junkyard tail light apart and get to work.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:18 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Thanks for the skid plate information about the gas tank Thog! I finally got it installed. I think the gas tank skid is a known secret between me and you now haha. Haven't seen anyone else with one on.

Btw, can't wait for some led pics of your taillight when you get them in. =p

Quick Reply: Project: It's about time.