Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: It's about time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Starting Member
MikeTastic is an unknown quantity at this point

i think i used some rust-oleum paint for plastic.idr. turned out pretty good.
as far as the trim, i cant really visualize it. Maybe itll turn out pretty cool.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well now I have two different codes.

P0441 Some evap problem that is going to be annoying.

P0113 High intake temp sensor voltage.

I'm getting really sick of my blazers hissy fits. I'm about to go give it a reason to cry. Stupid POS.

/rant

Old 08-11-2012, 12:07 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

On a related note, I finally finished the heat shield for my intake (I was trying to fix the high temp code) but I think it is letting too much hot air in from the engine so I'm going to do some adjusting. As it is right now, the temp sensor is reading anywhere from 145*F to 165*F! I hope I can get the shield figured out, or I'm just going to remove the sensor all together and find a resistor that says the air temp is around 100* so my computer will shut up about it.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran

Well, now that I have a metric (bleep)ton of problems I have decided to sell the blazer this year (if I can get it registered then I'll keep it around for a few months) I am looking online for other blazers and so far it is looking promising. Check this blazer out. I really want to take a look at that one soon. I'd love a manual 2 door. But I'll keep you guys updated.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:49 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
Well, now that I have a metric (bleep)ton of problems I have decided to sell the blazer this year (if I can get it registered then I'll keep it around for a few months) I am looking online for other blazers and so far it is looking promising. Check this blazer out. I really want to take a look at that one soon. I'd love a manual 2 door. But I'll keep you guys updated.
YES! standard 2 door for the win!

Old 08-22-2012, 08:58 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, I dump mine and now everyone follows suit? If I'd have known I would have kept it! Lol

Old 08-22-2012, 09:52 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I will never sell mine I dont have the Guts to do it.... =(

Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Beginning Member
ryguy013 is on a distinguished road

Hey, i know this is thogert's thread, but since there is a lot of talk about interior lighting and senior members on here, i wanted to know you all's opinion of if i should start putting together LED conversion kits for the 98+ blazers and s10's. Making the kits include all the LED's, sockets, and led components (for those tricky 4x4 switches and rear windshield controls; which i also have videos on how to do) in whatever colors requested. Please, any thoughts or comments?

Old 08-23-2012, 01:40 AM
BF Veteran

I suppose you could, but I don't know how well they'd sell. And unless you get a discount on your supplies it would probably be cheaper for a person to get all of the leds themselves.

Well the blazer is up for sale. And don't worry Sean, it wasn't your fault. If my blazer wasn't so problematic, I'd keep it. Oh well, this is a great reason to get a 2dr.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:48 PM
BF Veteran

Well not many people are looking at tigger, so it looks like I'm gonna keep it around for a little longer.

So I tore my interior apart to run wires to my front door speakers from my old amp and installed a 800w (peak of course ) kenwood amp for my subwoofer. It sounds pretty epic.

Quick Reply: Project: It's about time.