Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: It's about time.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:35 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

like the idea of the green on the inside you should put a red in there to subsute some of it tho would look awsome but like the pic ofthe back end an sticker. what kinda bike you looking at getting

Old 09-16-2012, 11:33 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I thought about some red, but I didn't want it to look too christmasy. There is a link to the bike I bought in my sig...

Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ok so I decided with all of the lack of interest in my blazer, I tried to get it inspected today. I found out that the tie rods were too far gone to pass, so I replaced them and now I really need an alignment. Tomorrow (or maybe thursday if I'm being lazy tomorrow morning) I'll go and get it re-inspected and I should be good to go for another year.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 PM
BF Veteran

So I got my alignment done, sort of. They said my idler arm is bad and so are the lower ball joints. I guess the idler arm I put in earlier this year is bad already. Freakin' POS.

The good news is that the blazer is good to go for another year inspection wise.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:17 AM
BF Veteran

So I've been toying around with the idea to put a supercharged led on the front of my blazer with a lens just to see how it works.

I'd need one of these. 200w led $110

And one of these. Liquid cpu cooler $115

And one of these lenses to focus all the light. $20 for one.

Then I'd just need to do some creative wiring and figure out a way to mount it and water proof it, and voila. ~20,000 lumens for about $250. Compare that to a 50" off road light bar at around $1200.

Now I'm not saying I'll do this anytime soon (or even ever) but it has my mind entertained at the moment.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Starting Member
MikeTastic is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like it would be pretty bulky? How big is it?

Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah it's not small. I think the radiator and fans are like 8in by 4in by 2in. The lens is 2.5 in (I can also get a 3in if the led is too big). Because the hoses are about 1ft long, the placement of the rad and lens / led combo is pretty flexible. I may buy a set of $10 harbor freight off road lights to throw it all together and clean it up a little.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran

So today I tried to wire up the parking lights on the roof to flash with the turn signals. But I guess I bought the wrong kind of 5 pin relays, so they only flash now, and don't stay on with the parking lights. I'm going to return them and get the right kind tomorrow. The kind I got is a DPST and I need a SPDT. Here's a vid of how they look right now.

Sorry it's sideways.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 PM
BF Veteran

So Tigger is dying, I found an oil milkshake today and when its been sitting for a few hours the engine doesn't want to turn when I try to start it. I'll try to find if it's an intake leak or something, but I doubt that is the issue.

I'm getting real tired of this bull****. One F-ing problem after another.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:12 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
So Tigger is dying, I found an oil milkshake today and when its been sitting for a few hours the engine doesn't want to turn when I try to start it. I'll try to find if it's an intake leak or something, but I doubt that is the issue.

I'm getting real tired of this bull****. One F-ing problem after another.
I had a puddle under mine too. Found out valve covers are leaking.

Quick Reply: Project: It's about time.