Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: James

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Thanks, I like it too lol. I got lucky because it ended up being big enough in the back so I could mount my amp to it. Don't feel too bad though, I'm envious of your toolbox, but I don't have enough tools to fill one that size yet!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:37 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol mines filled with a bunch of random junk... I need to clean it out again... I picked mine up at walmart for like $12

Old 04-18-2011, 11:21 AM

Mine is also a walmart gem. Maybe some day I'll get a bigger one, but for now, this one does what I need it to haha.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:50 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I have the same toolboxs James. I love that it is water proof. Nice and sturdy too! Old skool has the same brush guard that I was gonna buy off him but ended up changing rides lol. If your willing to drive, he still has it and wanted $100.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:09 PM

I don't know, thats a bit of a drive haha. A friend of mine straightened it out a few months ago at work so its pretty straight once again. This summer I plan on painting it black which should help hide the defects. I may even end up selling the Jimmy and upgrading this summer, but who knows lol?

Old 05-22-2011, 02:08 PM

Well, with the possibility of putting the Jimmy up for sale soon, I figured I'd try cleaning her up a bit. The wheels were looking pretty nasty from the winter so I took them all off, buffed and waxed them. They look like new again!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:33 PM

Finally decided to bed line my brush guard. After my disagreement with a tree this winter, there were burn marks on the guard from straightening it back out. I've wanted to black it out for a while, just haven't had the time until now.

Light hoops up on the tree and prepped for primer

Light hoops all primed

Uprights and crossbars in primer

And everything sitting out to dry for a few hours

So a few more hours and I'll be able to scuff up the parts and start laying down the bed liner! Let me know what you guys think, constructive or otherwise lol

Old 06-08-2011, 01:45 PM

Well, I ended up getting all pieces bed lined except the light hoops. Ran out of bed liner!

It's been so hot around here the past few days though, that I haven't gotten it all back together. For now, I've gotten everything back on except the light hoops and driving lights.

The passenger side is still a bit too high, but I like how it's turning out so far!

Old 06-08-2011, 02:04 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Looks good man, are you still thinking about selling it?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 PM

Still undecided. I guess it all really depends on if I find something else. I've been searching high and low for ZR2 S10's or Blazer's. I've found a few, but none that are real promising as of yet.

Quick Reply: Project: James