Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 09:12 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Looking good!

love that nsx in the background of the first pic! Havent seen one in ages.... is that a Carrera beside it?

Old 02-28-2019, 09:40 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Thanks!

yeah those NSX are pretty cool little cars. Probably the best thing Honda ever built imo. The Porsche is a Cayman S

Old 02-28-2019, 09:44 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

Where'd you get the flaming river u-joint? I didn't think they made them any more?

Old 02-28-2019, 09:46 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I'll second that! You dont see them much up here in canada... the cayman's are nice... but I'm starting to find that all porches are looking the same lol... I'm still on the fence about the four door...

Old 02-28-2019, 10:20 AM

Eshaw, they still make them. Heres a link to it at summit
Flaming river u joint

yeah, they do all look very similar now... I didnt used to be a fan of the four doors, but after working on a few Panameras I started to like them. I dont like their SUVs though. They are a pita to work on and just not built to the same quality as the cars

Old 03-01-2019, 01:51 PM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

Did you get a new d-shaft to fit that joint? Thought about replacing it while I had the engine out last but that steering shaft is just hollow tube.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:48 PM

I didnt get a new shaft for it. I dont think I'll even have the u joint in time... I'm hoping to have the engine back in tomorrow. I'll have to do the ujoint at a later date.

I got the intake manifold all bolted on now, no broken bolts this time ��. Just gotta get a couple fittings and I should be good to go with it.

Pulled the oil pan and cleaned it up nice. Just gotta throw the new gasket on with a couple strategically placed drops of rtv so it hopefully doesnt leak by the timing cover again this third time.

I also got my hp tuners MPVI2 in the mail today, I'm excited about that. I tested it out and started tuning my dads 2012 Hemi Ram. I have a TON to learn, but I managed to increase throttle response, change the shift points, and firm up shifts on it so far. If I have a chance I'm going advance the timing a lil and set it up to run premium fuel.

Kinda off topic...but also kind of related since I mainly got it to tune the blazer.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:31 PM

Well, I didnt get the engine in as I had hoped today... but I did get the oil pan back on and got everything fully set on the upper intake.

Removed plug from water jacket on the lower intake, and found a fitting that threaded In for the t-stat bypass hose. Had to extend the hose a bit to fit nicely. Also got the throttle body adapter and throttle body mounted.

Next I ran my PCV valve to one of the ports that came on the upper intake. I used the hose that came with the intake, and slightly modified it to fit my needs better.

the port for the marine MAP sensor is too large to securely hold the factory sensor in place, so I drilled another hole in the upper intake for that.

I made use of the now empty MAP port. I tapped that hole and threaded in a fitting for my brake booster hose

that pic should give a pretty solid view of the layout of all that.

well it probably wont be till next weekend at this point until the motor goes back in, but in the meantime I'm going to be coming up with a way to retard timing while nitrous is being sprayed. From what I've found so far, I dont believe our ECUs are capable of running a second tune that's only engaged while a trigger wire is powered..I'm going to try and find a way to do that.. but by backup plan involves a relay and a resistor to trick the computer into thinking the timing needs to be retarded.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:46 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

How do you plan on delivering the nitrous, just fog via the intake tube?

Old 03-03-2019, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
How do you plan on delivering the nitrous, just fog via the intake tube?
exactly. It's just a single nozzle fogger.

Quick Reply: Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer