Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 10:39 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Looking good... Your to do list must be going down nicely.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:01 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Thanks, yeah I've had my list written on the drivers side windows, went from all 3 windows down to 1 now lol.

Got my E-fan fully mounted now- just gotta wire it up next.

For the bottom I made this L bracket with slotted holes for adjustment, and bolted a rubber pad to it. It bolts to the bottom of the rad. Support, use the adjustment to pull the rubber firmly against the plastic E-fan shroud and it clamps the bottom snug against the radiator.

Also, happy Doggo

Last edited by chevyriders; 05-25-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:27 AM
BF Veteran

Nice, looking really good, any specific reason you went with the single fan instead of the double? And think you can post some pics of your wire setup when finished? I got a fan sitting in storage I'm hoping to install over summer, just a little unsure on the wiring

Old 05-26-2017, 07:48 AM

My buddy had that fan laying around, he was going to use it in his 57 Chevy, but it didn't work out for him- I measured it and it was a perfect fit, so I rolled with it. That's really the only reason-it was there, and worked out well.

For now I'm just wiring it to a toggle switch untill I reflash my ECM to control it. (And then I'm still going to keep the toggle switch as a override)

Last edited by chevyriders; 05-26-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:36 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

i originally made my drop crossmember out of a old trailer hitch

Name:  136.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  91.3 KB

it was one of those things i needed to make something quickly to get it home from work. got the job done but obviously realized that thing hanging down that low is a bad idea, cut it out bolted in a piece of c-channel and used a skid plate out of a old k5 blazer

Name:  DSCF0038.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  85.3 KB

Name:  DSCF0039.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  85.7 KB

you should see if you can find one of those old fullsize chevy skid guards, might actually bolt up to your crossmember

Old 05-27-2017, 09:38 PM

The trailer hitch idea is pretty cool, working with what you got to get the job done.

It looks nice with the channeling and skid plate. That's definitely a good idea, I'll be looking into a skid for it...i would hate to take a chunk out of the t-case on a rock. I do have an aluminum one kicking around off a parts blazer I had...I could probably modify that one a lil bit to work. Thanks for the idea!

Got my E-fan wired up. Had a wiring harness laying around that came with some fog lights I put on my quad years ago, and it had a 30 amp fuse and relay as part of it. So I did some modifications to it and made it work for the fan. Right now I have it set up so it's just single speed with a rocker switch to control it....this will change down the road, but for now-it will keep me cool lol. DonL- I'll post some pics and more info about the wiring for you tomorrow

I also got my rear diff welded up- only temporary until I get a Detroit locker- it's going to an off-road event in 2.5 weeks and all 4 wheels will be digging....ran out of gas before I could get to the front one though.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran

How's everything going with the monster? Any new updates?

Old 06-27-2017, 08:11 AM

No updates yet, had money set aside for a bunch of parts and my dog got into a fight with my girls cat- so I had to pay vet bills to save the cat instead...knew I wasn't going to make the event I was aiming for after that-so I decided to take a break from it for a few weeks and enjoy the nice weather.... I'm gonna be back on it this week though!

Old 07-23-2017, 07:12 PM

Not too big of an update, but I got the proportioning valve and a 4 inch drop pitman arm so I'll be piping the brakes and working on the steering this week.

Also stumbled across a set of 40" gumbo mudders on 6x5.5 rims for a killer deal, so I jumped on that...looks a lot better with some meats under her now..gonna need a lil sheet metal trimming though.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevyriders
Not too big of an update, but I got the proportioning valve and a 4 inch drop pitman arm so I'll be piping the brakes and working on the steering this week.

Also stumbled across a set of 40" gumbo mudders on 6x5.5 rims for a killer deal, so I jumped on that...looks a lot better with some meats under her now..gonna need a lil sheet metal trimming though.

Awesome!

Quick Reply: Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer