Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 10:10 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

That Mopar green color...

Old 12-26-2018, 09:56 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the complements on the Plymouth yall. I think we are allowed to do non-blazer related threads in the build section, so maybe I'll do one there for it if you guys are interested. It's a built slant six on nitrous, and I'm sure I'll be doing plenty more work to it...I promise not to neglect the blazer for it though lol

Old 12-26-2018, 10:04 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

If allowed, I'll be waiting...

Old 01-05-2019, 01:55 PM

Okay, I've actually gotten a little bit of work done on the blazer finally. Swapped out my distributor for the summit racing aluminum one. Swap went very well. Truck runs great with it.

much nicer looking, and way more sturdy than the factory plastic ones that break all the time.

one note for anyone who may install one in the future: there is no line up mark on the shaft like the factory ones have. I found that if you line the rotor up so it's even with the screwhole I marked in green- it lines up perfectly with the 6 mark once it falls in place.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Beginning Member
Hunterturner6 is on a distinguished road

How tough was it to make a custom front bumper with a winch mount? How much would it cost me and how long did yours take? Could you provide pics?

Old 01-09-2019, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hunterturner6
How tough was it to make a custom front bumper with a winch mount? How much would it cost me and how long did yours take? Could you provide pics?
unfortunately I haven't gotten that far yet.. that's still a project for the future. How much it will cost and how long it will take you is completely dependent on what style, size, and other details you go with. You could build a basic one for well under a hundred bucks.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:30 PM

Back at it again on the blazer. Swapped out my sealed beam roof lights for LEDs... I'm getting with the times now. Looks like it got a haircut since they're so much lower profile.

Then the real work started

Pulled the motor, it's getting an oil leak fixed from in between the timing chain cover and oil pan. Also ordered a set of stainless headers for it.

Started mocking up the marine intake.. its finally time to make that conversion happen. Just have a couple things to sort out with it before I put it on. Have to put a fitting on it to run my thermostat bypass hose to, and drill a hole for my map sensor(the port for the marine map sensor is too large for the factory one)
with all of this also comes the time to tune the ecu, so I ordered HP Tuners MPVI2 to tune it with. Its considerably cheaper than the last version and way more versatile, so I'm glad I waited till now to order it

EDIT:
I almost forgot one more thing its getting... Nitrous

Last edited by chevyriders; 02-25-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:22 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Old 02-25-2019, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Looking pretty good. But I gotta ask, when are you going to put on some REAL tires?

Old 02-27-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208
Looking pretty good. But I gotta ask, when are you going to put on some REAL tires?
when I find the right set of agricultural tires

got my headers today so I mocked them up for a test fit. They fit well, I'll just have to get shorty spark plugs to keep the wires away from them.

looks much better than the rusty manifolds. And should flow better too.

I also bolted up my intake manifold... then this happened while torquing it..

thought I was pretty screwed for a few mins. I took it back off and just barely had enough meat sticking up to spin it out with a hammer and chisel. I'll be getting all new bolts and re tapping the holes before reinstalling it tomorrow.

I'm going to have to pull the steering shaft to put the motor back in since it goes thru the headers... so I'm going to take that opportunity to do the flaming river ujoint mod.

Quick Reply: Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer