Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Maritime Blazin'

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:56 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oktain
Looking good Alex! I'm thinking of getting a custom 3" catback made maybe next summer, then shipping my PCM out to PCM4less or wait4meperformance to get a good base tune going.

We need to promote the single filter setup though, I think 10-15 filters is the way of the future.
LOL...thanks Pat. And I agree. I was thinking AT LEAST 10 filters. Maybe more.... .

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
where did you get the blue LED's? i like em and wanna put em on mine cause i HATE boring factory stuff
Got the LED's off ebay.

You need inverted 194's for the gauges:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And inverted 37's for the HVAC:

All the other lights (dimmer switch, door controls, 4x4 controls, rear wiper controls and any other dash lights you might have) are all 12v LEDs:

I'm just waiting for my 37's to arrive, then I'll be installing them all this weekend hopefully. I'll try and take pics as I do it.

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
Thanks, i'll pry order the full one and replace the filter. I was just wondering about the quality.

If you can will you make a vid of you driving away from the camera? All the videos you seem to see are just of people revving it up
The quality is good for the price. It's cheap, and all the fittings and everything seem really good. Only time will tell though. Pat didn't have much luck with the filter that came with the intake, but I haven't noticed anything wrong with it yet. I do plan on getting one eventually, but for now the one that came with it isn't bad at all. If you plan on putting a different filter on it, that one I posted probably won't be worth the money. All you'd be using would be the short piece of pipe and the coupler them..which you can probably pick up for cheaper elsewhere.
And I plan on making a few videos . I'll take some in the shop tonight if I can of just revving. Then I'll definitely take one either driving past, or driving away as soon as I get a chance. I'm very excited

Old 10-06-2009, 12:00 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah the HVAC and dimmer switches dont light up in my truck anymore cause i painted them white lol

Old 10-06-2009, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
yeah the HVAC and dimmer switches dont light up in my truck anymore cause i painted them white lol
lol...well that must be fun at night . So you can forget about the 37's then, but you would still need 194's for the gauges (6 of them) and everything else like your rear wiper control, steering wheel controls (if you have them) 4x4 buttons (if you have them) and window/mirror/lock controls are all the 12v LEDs. And they are tiny! They look like they're going to be a pain too since all of them have to be soldered on.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:03 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Got the LED's off ebay.

You need inverted 194's for the gauges:
And inverted 37's for the HVAC:
All the other lights (dimmer switch, door controls, 4x4 controls, rear wiper controls and any other dash lights you might have) are all 12v LEDs:
I saved all that, how many of each did you order? It'll save me a trip through my service manual

Old 10-06-2009, 12:09 PM
BF Veteran

I saved all that, how many of each did you order? It'll save me a trip through my service manual
I ordered one of each from those people. You will need 6 194's for the gauges (It comes with 10). I believe you need 4 37's for the HVAC (haven't taken that apart yet..still waiting on them to arrive), but they also come in a 10 pack. I ordered all 120 of the 12v. I split up the colors though in case I wanted to switch from blue at some point. I don't have a total count of 12v ones you will need, but it's no where near 120. I think it's only around 15-20 of them.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

I ordered one of each from those people. You will need 6 194's for the gauges (It comes with 10). I believe you need 4 37's for the HVAC (haven't taken that apart yet..still waiting on them to arrive), but they also come in a 10 pack. I ordered all 120 of the 12v. I split up the colors though in case I wanted to switch from blue at some point. I don't have a total count of 12v ones you will need, but it's no where near 120. I think it's only around 15-20 of them.
Thanks. I have yet to decide on a color, but this will help when I do.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

looking good. Nice to see you start modding this thing.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks. I have yet to decide on a color, but this will help when I do.
No problem man. Blue, red, amber and white LEDs are the easiest to find. You'd probably want to pick from one of those colors for best results.

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
looking good. Nice to see you start modding this thing.
Thanks Luis. I agree. I've been sitting in "stock" status pretty much since I joined. The only thing I did was de-badge it, so it's nice to finally put some money and parts into it. Look for more updates. I'm heading right to the shop after work to get my cherry bomb welded on, and I'll snap a pic of the intake installed then.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:55 PM
BF Veteran

Well, the new exhaust is on, and it sounds AWESOME! It was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Nothing obscenely loud, but you can definitely tell it's there. The lower RPM's sound mean, a nice deep rumble and when you punch it it sounds pretty good too.
I'll post up vids as soon as I take them...I didn't get a chance yet, but they definitely will be coming!

BTW - I love my trips to the garage...I usually pick up a bunch of free stuff. This time I scored a can of black paint. I'm going to paint my rims black this weekend. Also found a can of VHT Nightshade so I'm going to tint my tails and corners sooner then expected. I would of had to of ordered one online since it's illegal here, so this saves me some money and time. I plan on tinting them this weekend as well. And while I'm on the whole painting craze, I may pick up some cans of under coating and do my wheel wells and frame...lots more to come . I'll have new pics shortly.

Last edited by Sisk; 10-06-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:11 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the new exhaust is on, and it sounds AWESOME! It was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Nothing obscenely loud, but you can definitely tell it's there. The lower RPM's sound mean, a nice deep rumble and when you punch it it sounds pretty good too.
I'll post up vids as soon as I take them...I didn't get a chance yet, but they definitely will be coming!

BTW - I love my trips to the garage...I usually pick up a bunch of free stuff. This time I scored a can of black paint. I'm going to paint my rims black this weekend. Also found a can of VHT Nightshade so I'm going to tint my tails and corners sooner then expected. I would of had to of ordered one online since it's illegal here, so this saves me some money and time. I plan on tinting them this weekend as well. And while I'm on the whole painting craze, I may pick up some cans of under coating and do my wheel wells and frame...lots more to come . I'll have new pics shortly.
nothin like a nomination for ride of the month to light a fire under your *** to work on your blazer LOL

Quick Reply: Project Maritime Blazin'