Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Ripcord

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
Im actually very proud of you Curtis, you managed to make something that appears to be full assed, without making a TOTAL fool of yourself.
Congrats my friend it looks quite nice, now fab me one along with the famous sp and send em on up/over to ON.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that...we have yet to see full and daylight pictures of this basket...

Old 12-02-2009, 11:56 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Fab?! the only thing i did full assed here was spreading bedliner on it. This is a Yakima "Load Warrior" basket with the center enxtender and cargo net. it's a spendy toy if you bought it. I how ever, did not. I prefer free.

My dad didn't put it on the 2006 Explorer he bought my mom, because he thought it looked like a "Jungle Landcruiser thing." His words not mine. He had it stashed in the rafters of his shop for 3+ years now. When i went up to use the shop for some repairs i didnt want to do in the rain, he gave it to me. still in the box yo!

Anyway, i bed lined the air dam 1) to match the bug shield 2) because i had BL to waste and 3) because in big reflective silver vinyl letters it said "Explorer". FU Ford!

I considered taking a run at something like this, but the only thing I could think of would be to procure 2 shopping carts and chop the baskets off. how cool would that look....
Or 4 crab pots with the tops cut off
i think this turned out better
**edit** found your snarky comment AFTER posting... Alex, thanks for the vote of confidence.
Between you and Devin, i guess I must be doing something very right. You guys really think i could pull something like that off? I even said i had a basket to pick up around Thanksgiving I gave you guys the name and brand a few times... lol!

I should have just lied and let you guys think i have been dragging *** this whole time, and I am actually a master machinist like Chris

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-02-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:31 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
Originally Posted by C.Blazer
Im actually very proud of you Curtis, you managed to make something that appears to be full assed, without making a TOTAL fool of yourself.
Congrats my friend it looks quite nice, now fab me one along with the famous sp and send em on up/over to ON.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that...we have yet to see full and daylight pictures of this basket...
guess you beat me to it Alex.

Originally Posted by ABN31B

I should have just lied and let you guys think i have been dragging *** this whole time, and I am actually a master machinist like Chris
like hell!

besides, i'm a Precision CNC Cylindrical Grinder. but i'm quite capable of running a lathe, mill, radial arm drill, jig grinder, etc., but the grinding (most critical part of the process) is my chosen profession.

you just go shoot the bad guys Curtis, it's what you're good at. hahahaha!

Old 12-02-2009, 06:10 PM
BF Veteran

we all have to be good at something right?

Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 AM
BF Veteran

theres your day time shots. note the length, 3 bars and undercaoted rails. working on a few projects right now. falling behind and there is a HUGE college football game tomorrow night (only the most important of the year). it's civil war baby University of Oregon (ducks) vs. Oregon State (beavers)....

Old 12-03-2009, 12:57 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Very nice.

You can add one of those to my order!

Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

[quote=ABN31B;270718]

theres your day time shots. note the length, 3 bars and undercaoted rails..........[quote]

it's about time Curtis, looks good.

ya know, some nice roof lights would look nice up there. where'd you steal that 3rd cross bar from?

Old 12-03-2009, 01:39 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

That looks sweet, it fits quite well.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks guys :d got the 3rd cross bar my first trip to a JY. was gonna punch holes in it and put in some lights, but then figured i could just get a basket and mount lights to it. now it's extra bracing for my canoe

Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Very nice!!! I'm impressed (weird huh?) lol.
I agree with the lights though. Add 4 lights up there and it would be awesome

Quick Reply: Project: Ripcord