Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Ripcord

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

LoL. First off, my truck is your fatter american brother. disowned or not, we're blood son! But now it is going through a mid-life crisis and bolting on mods it always secretly wanted when it was a younger rig.

I dont think adding the bug deflector is making my ride more 'generic' in appearance. i think the blazer is one of a very small minority of vehicles that actually looks GOOD with a bug guard. MPO, but also my POV, so it stays!!!
I also think that bed lined and bumpy like it is, makes it look WAY different than any i have seen. I think it ties in nicely with the rack job too.

until there is a cheap bolt on mod to convert the 4 dr to 2, i'm stuck oldman generic soccer mom ride.

As for a new sig, I love the one I have and will ride it out for a few months yet

Old 12-04-2009, 12:11 PM
BF Veteran

can we get a poll on this? Not mine in particular, but the bug guard has been an issue with people since i started reading this thing

a poll called Bug Deflectors Opinon Poll
o I have one mounted.
o I do not have one, but want one.
o I don't have one and will not ever!
o I don't have one, and think your's looks stupid.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:13 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Lol post it up.

I have one and am glad one of the previous owners put it on. Next to no rock chips

Old 12-04-2009, 12:32 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
LoL. First off, my truck is your fatter american brother. disowned or not, we're blood son! But now it is going through a mid-life crisis and bolting on mods it always secretly wanted when it was a younger rig.

I dont think adding the bug deflector is making my ride more 'generic' in appearance. i think the blazer is one of a very small minority of vehicles that actually looks GOOD with a bug guard. MPO, but also my POV, so it stays!!!
I also think that bed lined and bumpy like it is, makes it look WAY different than any i have seen. I think it ties in nicely with the rack job too.

until there is a cheap bolt on mod to convert the 4 dr to 2, i'm stuck oldman generic soccer mom ride.

As for a new sig, I love the one I have and will ride it out for a few months yet
First off, I called your rig Geriatric with the bug deflector, not Generic lol. And yeah, you're right. The trucks are blood whether or not they always get along. They're going through their teenage years right now...always fighting

Originally Posted by ABN31B
can we get a poll on this? Not mine in particular, but the bug guard has been an issue with people since i started reading this thing

a poll called Bug Deflectors Opinon Poll
o I have one mounted.
o I do not have one, but want one.
o I don't have one and will not ever!
o I don't have one, and think your's looks stupid.

LOL. Mine is the bottom two. I will NEVER have a bug deflector as they look terrible on ALL vehicles. I have never seen one that looks good, and I don't have one and think yours looks stupid.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I will NEVER have a bug deflector as they look terrible on ALL vehicles. I have never seen one that looks good, and I don't have one and think yours looks stupid.

I HAVE AN EXCUSE!!!for mine lol..i can't get the dam thing off lol lil bro tried and stripped the screws and dont have a drill bit the right size and need to go get that stripped screw thingy from the hardware store.. but it'll be gone soon enough..with the badges tomorrow..

Old 12-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MuddBunny84
I HAVE AN EXCUSE!!!for mine lol..i can't get the dam thing off lol lil bro tried and stripped the screws and dont have a drill bit the right size and need to go get that stripped screw thingy from the hardware store.. but it'll be gone soon enough..with the badges tomorrow..
i just realized looking at it out my window..it looks like a bloody uniborow AH HAHAHA

Old 12-04-2009, 05:06 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
LOL. Mine is the bottom two. I will NEVER have a bug deflector as they look terrible on ALL vehicles. I have never seen one that looks good, and I don't have one and think yours looks stupid.
: icon_iamwithstupid:

Old 12-04-2009, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
Lol post it up.
How? I thought only Mod/Admin types could make polls...

Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
Lol post it up.

I have one and am glad one of the previous owners put it on. Next to no rock chips

true...but..bra's can do the same thing..that'll be my next buy a custom color green bra the bug flectors do look kinda goofy..well pending on what model..mine looks like an over due eyebrown waxing is needed..like..a unibrow lol

Old 12-04-2009, 05:29 PM
BF Veteran

bra's look like abxolute crap. unless it is a sporty low-to-the-ground new style car bra's are horrible looking.
I, like the women of the late 60's, no BRAS!!!!

Quick Reply: Project: Ripcord