Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Ripcord

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

i figure...the bug guard can come off in winter (snow removal that much easier) adn in spring..i'm gonna have a tuff coat (like rhino line) put around parts of it to keep rocks from chipping the paint *after its fresh coat!!* so much cheaper..and easier to maintain in the long run might throw a sketch of it up ..looks pretty sharp to me *shrugs*

Old 12-20-2009, 07:03 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

hey Curtis, take a look @ this;

notice what the whole bottom of the truck is covered in-including the front bumper?......................rock guard!

looks like you're not the only luvr of that stuff.

this guy builds a triple turbo'd, Cummins powered Ram, and then decides to lean towards the Mad Max theme a little. guess it's to protect the truck from nasty bug gut damage @ high speeds! killer lookin' rig.

just thought you'd like to know there was more than one of your mind set out there.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Holy crap! i have a build thread? Damn... I REALLY need to do something to my truck....

As for that dodge, DAMN! that thing looks 100% Beastly! i didg the "dont-F-with-me" lug covers! That rock guards looks f-ing pristine! I hope to one day do from the body line above the rock trim pannel DOWN to include bumpers on mine.
Cool find though!

Old 12-20-2009, 09:35 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
that thing looks 100% Beastly! i didg the "dont-F-with-me" lug covers! That rock guards looks f-ing pristine! I hope to one day do from the body line above the rock trim pannel DOWN to include bumpers on mine.
Cool find though!
damn skippy! i'd luv to drop that triple turbo'd Cummins into my 'Burb. this guys truck was actually the test bed for that set-up, which they're now making available as a kit.

i figured you'd like that rock guard job.

now i just need to find a nice 12 valve..................

Old 12-21-2009, 06:00 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Damn that's a nice truck. I'm a big fan of the Ram's, especially the new ones. They are definitely the sexiest truck on the market right now.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

and

while the camera phone pics suck worse than normal, you can see my super duper 40 blow master and shortty tail pipe.

i grabbed this bad boy on a whim today on my way home. got it and installed for $60 to the shop and $20 cash in the welder's pocket

anyway, i figured i had 2 of the big 3 going for my exhause set up already (CAI, and Hiflow Cat) so it was time to complete the hat trick. when it was taken off the lift and started, she let out a very pleasing lub lub lub, deep and easy on the ears. when playing with the gas, she growls a bit more and doesn't get that whirrRRRing whiney sound! i was pumped. then i took her for a spin. highly dissapointed. while i am aware this is not a 454 chevelle with straight pipes, after all the hype (OMFG had to hack my super 40 because i was going deaf at taco belll!!11one) i expected... more.

this is more like hearing a dog bark and growl on the other side of the fence while growing up. you never see the dog, but you know he's a bad ***. then one day, on a dare, you climb the fence to see the monster dog, and it's just a run of the mill black lab. wow.

so, while a blow master for $80 and "custom tail pipe" should have been cool, i'm actually not all that thrilled. kind of anti climactic really.

maybe it's because i'm still rolling 2.5" piping and not 3" ???

should have used the money to get the welder to build my brush guard brakets instead.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:46 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Very nice Curtis! The 4.3 has a nice rumble at lower RPM's when you put on an after market exhaust.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:56 PM
BF Veteran

Alright Curtis...I'm sick of the crap. If you don't install all this stuff you have sitting in your garage soon I'm driving all the way across North America, taking your brush guard, trail lights, roof basket lights and reverse lights and installing them on my truck! LOL

Old 01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Its a 7.3L, what did they expect lol

Old 01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
bigkeith11 is on a distinguished road

hahaha

Quick Reply: Project: Ripcord