Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Ripcord

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:09 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I was gunna say...when the hell did you get a K5 that I didn't know about? lol.

BTW - Your tail lights made me puke.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
now it's becoming a party! how about you just drive down to my place, you can park your truck in my driveway. Shany Bay is in Oro-Medonte (just East of Barrie) right?
That is Correct!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
LMAO... if i had a 6" SL it would be for my 84 K series Blazer not this
BTW the 84 K is not mine yet... i just need to fine $500 real quick
*collects some cans* damn it this will take for ever!
hell you could make that in a week...we have huge open metal mesh dumpsters (10 ton dumpsters) ppl hop into and take the cans lol and toss them in thier truck lol and are gettin .50 cents a lb not to shabbby i'd say!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

.50 a LB?!?!? you're getting screwed! they are one shiney nickle PER CAN here baby! the only time i like hippies is when they give me money. hug a tree and give me a nickle for a can! Hot damn! peace and love time!

on a side note i have a trailer load of scrap metal i have been meaning to dump, but i need a heavier duty truck to haul it. just one more project....

anyway, if i can get my truck back up to par, i'll have a sweet project ahead of me...

Alex, on your roof lights, where did you run them for juice? fuse block or straight to the battery?
if you used the block, which one; under hood or inside door?
which slot did you use? dont just say accessory, i need to know so i can shave some time off this project by stealing your info

also, if i mount the lights permanently to the roof rack, and run the wires permanently through the truck, could i use a quick disconnect set up (like on an o2 sensor) to make it disconnectable so i could pull the rack if needed?

Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
I was gunna say...when the hell did you get a K5 that I didn't know about? lol.

but they match his HL's..........

Originally Posted by zedartwo
That is Correct!

i should give you a shout the next time i'm @ my Mom's (in Innisfil) or my buddy's place in Barrie.

on a side note i have a trailer load of scrap metal i have been meaning to dump, but i need a heavier duty truck to haul it. just one more project....

also, if i mount the lights permanently to the roof rack, and run the wires permanently through the truck, could i use a quick disconnect set up (like on an o2 sensor) to make it disconnectable so i could pull the rack if needed?
why, how heavy is the trailer?

ummm, i think i already mentioned that.......

Old 01-06-2010, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Alex, on your roof lights, where did you run them for juice? fuse block or straight to the battery?
which slot did you use? dont just say accessory, i need to know so i can shave some time off this project by stealing your info

Wired it straight to the battery.
As for the quick disconnect idea, I don't see why not. You'd just have to find the connectors to use.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:09 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

.50 a LB?!?!? you're getting screwed! they are one shiney nickle PER CAN here baby! the only time i like hippies is when they give me money. hug a tree and give me a nickle for a can! Hot damn! peace and love time!

anyway, if i can get my truck back up to par, i'll have a sweet project ahead of me...

This is what I did when I hooked up the fogs
https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...t=37162&page=9
Hope it helps.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:18 AM
BF Veteran

Mine is all documented in my build thread too Curtis, with pics. Just click my sig.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:09 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
Harsh...

Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Meh harsh is true, but i made all of the same comments when i showed up to the forum: i hated my bumper cover, grille, HL, tls and corners. now everyone else hates them as much as i do it feels good actually

Foxxie: i forgot about that! thanks for the link!
Sisk: Again, i just kind of overlooked that set up portion

thank you both, i think i should probably tackle this after...

I broke my sway bar end today. Driving home from work, i heard the noral grinding rattle sound and made a turn to the left, about half way through there was a pop and a tink tink noise, i pulled over, and saw my crap busted up. used a few zip ties to support the bar and attempted a drive home. i made it but it was like driving a damn wave runner over choppy water...

anyway, i am ordering 2 new ends, the bushings, and new front bump stops. I plan to get this crap on as soon as it shows up.

WEAK... this isnt a build so much as a series of repairs

Quick Reply: Project: Ripcord