Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Ripcord

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
BTW: i got Sisk's tow hooks painted today....
good boy, Alex will be pleased, LOL!

Originally Posted by ABN31B
All other projects are put on hold while I continue CPR to keep my truck alive. Worst case senario, I part here out and one of you a-holes ends up with a new, trimmed, undercoated, custom skid plate Catch you cats in 3 days.
sorry Curtis, but my factory Aluminum skid pl8's work great. just wished they put one covering that damn trany pan (i so hate automatic's!). oh well, i found my steel for that, just gotta see if i'm gonna brake press some bends into it (to raise it up above frame rails).

hope you have a great weekend with the wife.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Curtis, it's been a week (almost) and still no update?

i know she's been giving you the gears with other issues, i was just wondering if you had managed to finish the skid pl8 yet.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

BOO! i knew i would be called out sooner or later....
No with the problems in performance, dress up had to take a back seat. now that she is still holding up (for the time being) i'm gonna get back into it. All I have to do now is line it up, drill the mounting holes in the plate, and finish it (edging and paint) and it's ready to mount. Hopefull done and installed by saturday

Also got my load warrior rack so that will make it's first appearance saturday as well.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:27 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm getting bored of these all text updates....

Old 11-20-2009, 10:15 AM
BF Veteran

I'm getting sick of having my truck break

Love the sig though

Old 11-20-2009, 10:34 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

LOL...I had to add it into the sig.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
BF Veteran

Alex: Gorge yourself on the carcass of this img...

That should buy me a little time...
that is a powder coated 5 ton capacity recovery hook plugged into my tow hitch. It is more for dragging my dead truck to a shop as opposed to yanking out of a mud pit for now... We shall see if it gets some intended use later this winter...

Old 11-20-2009, 02:54 PM
BF Veteran

Nice. I never noticed your plate had a purple heart on it before. They do special plates down there for medals you've earned? That's really cool. We only have the standard Vet plate up here.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by Sisk
I'm getting bored of these all text updates....

yeah, i wanna see pic's too!

Old 11-20-2009, 04:31 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah you can get plates for different things 'round here. They have higher presedence ones, but some are lame (bronze star with NO "V" device = thanks for coming to country award for squad leaders that are good at their job on up the food chain.) and others that are pretty cool.
The PH is easily recognizable, and always leads to a "so is that your PH.. ?" conversation from local cops (ME = FTW! 3 out of 3 so far!)

Either way, I'm getting pics going... relax...

Quick Reply: Project: Ripcord