Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Ripcord

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:47 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I see your point about the access panel now. It seems very pointless in retrospect lol. If I ever make one (which I probably will when I lift the truck) I won't bother with it. And mine will definitely be in diamond plate. But black diamond plate, not fugly chrome.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

That sure would look good on my Blazer, I'll PM you my address

Old 11-24-2009, 01:57 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

lol ^^

Drew: I'm glad there is one person that still likes it
It SHOULD look better in place. we will see...

The access pannel bugs me, but it could prove useful. I dont know how or when, but it COULD still find a good use

Last edited by ABN31B; 11-24-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:35 PM

I personally think that it'll look great mounted up.

When do you think you'll get it mounted?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:10 PM
BF Veteran

Depending in the bed liner, so long as it's cured enough, tonight. Hopefully before the sun goes down. That will be it's true test. Once it's on it will either work, or suck. one or the other, never both, and there is no anticipated outcome.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:29 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B;267174[B
].......................but would like honest feed back. if it's crap you wouldn't run over with your truck, tell me. if you like it, i'll take that too.[/B] just be honest please.
i actually think it came out pretty good for a "nubie". i'm glad to see that all of Pat's, Alex's, & my badgering made you put 80% effort into it (i knew you were lying about 3/4 assing it)

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Depending in the bed liner, so long as it's cured enough, tonight. Hopefully before the sun goes down. That will be it's true test. Once it's on it will either work, or suck. one or the other, never both, and there is no anticipated outcome.
well, it's been over 2 hours Curtis, were you successful?

Old 11-24-2009, 08:35 PM
BF Veteran

Nay sayers. Haters. Canadians.... SUCK IT!
Before__________________During__________________Af ter

Watch this disaster unfold!

Ok. I have completed this project. i will do a write up in a bit but for now, feast your filthy eyes on that monster. WAY too shiney, butnothing a sweet undercoating job cant fix. Also I have seen my tow hooks, feel free to jump on them too

Last edited by ABN31B; 11-24-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 AM

Looking good! I'll take one. I'll even make it easy on you and say you can leave the access door out

Old 11-25-2009, 12:42 AM
BF Veteran

all i have is 1/4" aluminum stock. Instead of an acess, would you like a bow tie centered on the front bend?

Old 11-25-2009, 12:50 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you know you're gonna scare everyone outta your way, while driving down the road, that thing is so scary. hopefully, you'll be the only person to be able to blow through rush hout traffic!

Quick Reply: Project: Ripcord