Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Road Warrior (lots of pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough
Default Project: Road Warrior (lots of pics)

Well I figure i should start a build thread now that ive been on here for a long time and i am starting to do a lot of things to my truck

I feel like i have been keeping everyone in the dark here because of all the things ive done to it! haha

Well heres the day i took it off the used car lot.

Then the first thing i did to it was get the exhaust done. Here is a video of that:

97 blazer 40 series muffler - YouTube

Then a while later i got the high flow cat on. Heres a video of that, a long time after i got it done lol but still:

Blazer High flow cat and 40 series muffler - YouTube

Then i got my sound system put in, I have another one in but Heres a pic of the old one:

Next was my HID's. 8000K 55W:

After that was a big gap in time, then came my bull bar. I havent wired up my lights yet but here it is:

And shortly after, my roof rack:

And now finally what i have been wanting to do for the two years that ive owned it my lift! 2" body lift, now sitting on some brand new 31" Goodyear DuraTracs:

Almost sits as high as the Burban

Sitting next to my friends stock Blazer:

Thought i would have to do a little trimming but i didnt :P

So thats it so far but im still trying to figure out what my next project will be.

But soon to come is:
  • A spare tire carrier if i can find one
  • Light bar, when i get done making it
  • Then hopefully a 1.5" lift shackle and a 1" torsion bar crank.

Hopefully you like it, I will keep this updated from now on with what i do to my truck.

Last edited by 97cherryblazer; 03-12-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Fixed Links
Old 03-12-2012, 06:04 PM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

That's a nice blazer I like the 2 in body lift I should b
e putting mine on soon!

Last edited by jbw23; 03-12-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

I agree. That 2" looks perfect, and/or the tires are exactly right for the lift. Either way, I like

Old 03-12-2012, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Lookin' good! I almost bought those rims for my 2dr when I had it. Seeing them on yours makes me wish I would have bought them.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys!

And yeah i like the rims but unfortunately i was told they are getting chrome peel on the inside where the tire seats.. so they might not be good for much longer.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM

Well if you get new ones get black ones! I think they would match your truck alot better!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 PM

Yeah it will definitely be some soft 8's when i get new rims.

As for the tires im not sure if i made the right choice in having white letters out.. I kinda like it but i think it might look better with black letters out.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:55 AM

Yea I had mine white out and didn't like it so I took them back and they fixed it lol

Old 03-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Looks good. Keep up the good work.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by jbw23
Yea I had mine white out and didn't like it so I took them back and they fixed it lol
I just worry if i take it back they will charge me the $80 they normally charge to dismount, mount then balance.

Quick Reply: Project: Road Warrior (lots of pics)