Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Sadie

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

The only, and i mean only, issue i have is the standard cab aspect. I'm a tall guy, 6'4", and i need to recline my seat "gansta style" as my mom calls it, to fit comfortably. I found a similar truck in my area with 65k miles, manual trans, and extended for $8k, only problem... the area where its owned... not the nicest, or safest which means the truck probably wasn't taken care of

Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm 6'1"... and if I had another 3 inches I don't think it'd be THAT big of a difference lol. My buddy who's your height fits comfortably in the cab... but he hasn't driven it, no one except my dad has driven it other than me lol.

It may just be the exhaust note (extra throaty with the K&N) but this thing turns heads where my Blazer didn't.

Overall the carpet dampened the sound of the exhaust as I said... but with the K&N in, and less in-cab drone because of the carpet the exhaust has a rumble instead of a... how to describe it... BAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! between 1500-2000 RPM. Overall I'm really happy.

I just can't wait to get my sub, waiting to sell a few more things, need a soft GM tonneau cover too if I can ever sell the hard cover.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:22 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

*sigh*. This is so depressing. lol

Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

that's it? Lmao

Old 07-06-2010, 12:55 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yes. I'm going to go home and drink tonight. lol

haha seriouslu though I love it so far. A few suggestions (some of which I know you wont wanna do since you're still paying her off)...ditch the fugly chrome side mouldings. They should come off really easy and you shouldnt have to worry about damage as it's a pretty new truck. Have you thought about going with a blacked out look? Maybe grabbing some of the snap on light covers that will tint your lights without having to spray them with VHT? Also, do you have to keep your front plate? I'd ditch it if not.

Last edited by Sisk; 07-06-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:17 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Lol, sisk your saying exactly what I was suggesting earlier.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:08 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
Lol, sisk your saying exactly what I was suggesting earlier.
I didn't read any previous posts. lol, sorry

Old 07-06-2010, 02:16 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Sisk
Yes. I'm going to go home and drink tonight. lol

haha seriouslu though I love it so far. A few suggestions (some of which I know you wont wanna do since you're still paying her off)...ditch the fugly chrome side mouldings. They should come off really easy and you shouldnt have to worry about damage as it's a pretty new truck. Have you thought about going with a blacked out look? Maybe grabbing some of the snap on light covers that will tint your lights without having to spray them with VHT? Also, do you have to keep your front plate? I'd ditch it if not.
Chrome coming off AFTER school lmao... the strip is already full of door marks, so I deduced that once I'm done school it should be safe to pull them off seeing as I already park out in tuktyuktuk.

After school I'm also thinking about murdering it... got some nice headlights that have black housings (minus the reflective surfaces) and same with the signals. As far as the tails... all the jobs I've seen done with VHT sucked... I may go with a tint film just so it's even and not very dark.
Originally Posted by Sisk
I didn't read any previous posts. lol, sorry
Careful... we'll start calling you CalendEr

Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

My VHT lights came out decent, but they don't last at all.
I'm thinking tint film on my tailights, too.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah... I'm unsure of completely blacking the truck out though because I am a fan of SOME chrome on a black truck... I.E. my Blazer. That and I plan on getting a set of black 20's with a machined face on the spokes once I'm done paying her off:

Something like these:

Maybe not those exact wheels, but the same idea... I love the look of 20's on the fullsize's though.

Quick Reply: Project: Sadie