Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Sleeper Blazer

Old 10-08-2018, 09:03 PM
ChuckNTruck is on a distinguished road

I have also seen another truck where they ran the intake straight down under the fans, but that would be very low.

Last edited by ChuckNTruck; 10-08-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Starting Member
terry702 is on a distinguished road

I love this thread. Thank you. Fantastic job.
I have two 2002 Blazers with the 4.3. First is an LS that I built for my son. The second one is an Xtreme I just picked up for a couple hundred dollars and I am highly considering doing the swap to it since I'm in it relatively cheap. It needs a bunch of repairs but most are minor. Considering doing a thread on it as I go.

Aside from the info in the thread, do you have a list of everything you had to do? I have a ton of questions but don't want to clutter your thread.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by terry702
I love this thread. Thank you. Fantastic job.
I have two 2002 Blazers with the 4.3. First is an LS that I built for my son. The second one is an Xtreme I just picked up for a couple hundred dollars and I am highly considering doing the swap to it since I'm in it relatively cheap. It needs a bunch of repairs but most are minor. Considering doing a thread on it as I go.

Aside from the info in the thread, do you have a list of everything you had to do? I have a ton of questions but don't want to clutter your thread.
Feel free to ask whatever questions you have. I only made this thread to help others with future builds.

Old 10-21-2018, 05:02 PM

Finally got to a local Plastic supplier and bought some sheets of 1/8 ABS plastic to recreate my airbox. This will be another experiment to see if it can keep the IATs down and for $30 worth of plastic and a couple hinges i figured id give it a shot.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice box 😉, have you seen how close it gets when running/reving?

Old 10-21-2018, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
Nice box 😉, have you seen how close it gets when running/reving?
I checked it while just revving up in park, but with my poly engine mounts the engine does not move much unless under heavy load.
Hopefully ill get some time tomorrow to take it out and beat on it a bit to make sure nothing will rub with the engine under heavy load.
My old metal box had about the same clearance and never had any issues though.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Starting Member
Zenith is on a distinguished road

I didn't notice a catalytic converter or O2 sensors on your new exhaust system. Did I miss that somewhere?

Thanks, and fantastic build.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zenith
I didn't notice a catalytic converter or O2 sensors on your new exhaust system. Did I miss that somewhere?

Thanks, and fantastic build.
Im only running the front O2 sensors which are located in the header collectors and currently not running a catalytic converter. But im probably going to add a high flow cat in the future to cut down on the exhaust fumes.
you can just barely see the O2 sensors in this picture. they are tucked up near the engine due to the limited space. I have modified my exhaust some since this picture to run a 3in pipe all the way up to where the dual pipes come together and added an exhaust cutout for when i go to the track.

Old 12-09-2019, 04:34 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

It's been a while, but hows the sleeper running?

Old 12-09-2019, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by DonL
It's been a while, but hows the sleeper running?
Still running great and still my daily driver. I have about 8-9K miles on it since the swap. It sat for about 8 months this summer when i deployed, but started right up when i got back. I always stabilize the fuel, change the oils and have the battery on a trickle charger when i leave.
I also have a LSA supercharger kit on order for it. So that will be my winter project as i will have to build the entire fuel system and modify a few things under the hood to make it fit nicely and still look as factory as possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project Sleeper Blazer