Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

re-modding the jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by g_mike
also im going to be doing all the bushings, tie rods, in the front end this summer, as well as probably replacing the struts. so if there isnt a how to ill be sure to take lots of pics and put a thread together.
ummm......what struts?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Starting Member
g_mike is on a distinguished road

shocks....sorrim im working on 3 different cars with different suspension designs.
Jag x-type - strut assemblies all around.
Caddy CTS - strut assemblies front, shock in the back with spring on the lower control arm
Then the jimmy...leafs with shocks, torsion bars, front shocks and whatever the hell else this has lol.
anyway. lol

i need some input. im looking at buying a blazer grill and aftermarket blazer headlights.
is there a blazer headlight that i can put a HID fog in
im lookin at these but what are the bulbs that go where?? i already have 9005 HID lows and HID 292 fogs, and i want them to both fit as low and fog if possible.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-04...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by g_mike; 01-29-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:20 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you can't run your HID fogs in those signals, they're not designed for them.

HL's don't look too bad.

you can sell me your HID fog's when you buy the HL's.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 AM
Starting Member

I really don't like the look of most of those aftermarket lights, but I really want projector low beams. I'm sire with the afrtermarket lights I could add a projector for the fog.
Oldskool, hid kits are cheap...I paid $60 for a bulb and baast kit plus a spare set of bulbs with shipping from www.vvme.com good stuff, good prices.

So the blazer fogs are where? Only in the bumper?

Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Beginning Member
walker99 is on a distinguished road

the fogs on a blazer are under the chrome piece attached to the grill, beside the turn signal, your 9005 kit with fit in the high or low beam and the fogs are a h3 kit i believe, i have 6000k high and low hids and its super bright in my blazer

Old 01-29-2011, 07:03 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I thought the fogs were 880s or 881s. Mine are 881s but the 880s are just reversed polarity.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I thought the fogs were 880s or 881s. Mine are 881s but the 880s are just reversed polarity.
my fogs are HID 881 built into the lower section of the headlight housing.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Starting Member

NOW TIME FOR ANOTHER MOD!!!
well 2 exactly... i installed that intake i got off ebay looks good, no complaints.

next...this is what im impressed with.
its called the MAXITRIP, basically it is similar to the scangauge2 whis is a obd device you plug in and can retreve engine coves, however you can also pull up digital displayes, speed, rpm, mpg. water temp, air temp, intake manifold pressure, and a insane list that keeps foinf that i havent sorted out yet.
so that is just the gauges features... it also after inputing in all you vehicle info engine size and tank size it can even tell you when you need gas.
it tells you instant gas mileags, mileage remaining on tank, time left on tank, time you have been on your trip, your avg speed, and i dont even know what else.
here is the best part... i just got it on sale locally for $60!!!!!((princess auto they will sell out of this one))
ive been lookin at this for a while and all of a sudden i saw it so i ran out and got it..
they go for 150 on ebay.
i have it plugged in and Velcrord on the steering column... the chord wrapped around the column out of the way and safely ( to be later relocated but its going to go car to car when needed, would love to get a spare cable eventually)

here is the online manual so you can read the other features if you like.

and yes here are the pics...

Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by walker99
the fogs on a blazer are under the chrome piece attached to the grill, beside the turn signal,
except he owns a Jimmy.

kinda obvious from his build title............................

Old 02-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Starting Member

i changed the locations of what features go in what area on the MAXITRIP.
i put it like this:
RPM.............................KM/hr
Air intake temp.........water temp.

next screen i havent set yet but its got voltage on, and im still trying to figure out how to set up the fuel tank size and refill points, maybe next week ill have it sorted out.

really recomend this OBD3 scanner if any of you are considering one...its worth it.

Quick Reply: re-modding the jimmy