Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Rough Country 2.5" Lift!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 02:44 AM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

Well I'll get pics up as soon as the kit gets here to show ya whats in the box lol & as soon as I find time to get the sus. lift & BL on I'll have pics up asap! I feel like I should take a wk off from work just to have time & incase.. (because it ALWAYS happens) there are any issues.. lol
As fars as the alignment issues I'm hoping there isn't anything major minus the basic stuff.. I got an alignment done a couple of months ago on the truck when I did the T-bars & shackles so I have a 6mths free alignment at sears.. I bet they'll have a hay day if there's any major issues.. assuming they don't call me out on the lift kit.. lol.
& No prob bud! I've been waiting since june to get the Kit. I ordered it & the next day Rough Country took it off their site so I've been waiting awhile.. haha

Old 10-29-2011, 10:35 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I saw this kit linked on ZR2USA. They really, REALLY didn't like it. If I remember correctly it was mostly about the notching of the diff.

I personally don't have an opinion on it, just thought I'd let ya know because I just read about this on the other forum.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Beginning Member
1997 Gmc Jimmy is on a distinguished road

WTF rough country been saying that they ben coming out with a lift for a while now and i save up money and today i gave up waiting and bought $500 worth of other.time to save once more

Old 11-02-2011, 03:17 AM

That sucks bud! lol well did you at least get 500 bucks worth of truck parts? lol
& IK! everyone is not really liking the idea of cutting the diff. which would be my guess on why they don't like it on zr2usa.. BUT ethier way its suppose to be in the mail on it's way to my house here anyday now. So ethier way the money is spent I might as well see if it's really as bad as everyone thinks .. I think most ppl get kinda scared when you have to do any thing that involves a saw-all on their vehicle.. including this guy. but hey if it works & save me money on cv shafts I'd say its worth it.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Beginning Member
1997 Gmc Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know how those shocks are in that kit becouse i just bought rs5000 and now i dont know what shocks when i get it i sould use

Old 11-02-2011, 11:52 AM

I put some RS5000 on my truck all the way around acouple weeks ago. word to the wise make sure you get the top bolts in the rear shocks all the way in I had one fall out & the shock snapped off at the top of the cylinder rod. lol I'm personally gunna put the shocks outta the kit on because they are meant for the 2.5' lift. The RS5000 seem to have a hard time when the suspension is full extented on my truck.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Old 11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Blazer_Man_Dan is on a distinguished road

now my main question is, would this work on my 1999 two wheel drive 4door? I was looking at the instructions and it appeared as if it was for a 4x4, and it doesn't state if this is the case or not... if it does fit, then i'll ask other questions in a new thread, lol

Old 11-02-2011, 02:02 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Blazer_Man_Dan
now my main question is, would this work on my 1999 two wheel drive 4door? I was looking at the instructions and it appeared as if it was for a 4x4, and it doesn't state if this is the case or not... if it does fit, then i'll ask other questions in a new thread, lol

You don't have a front differential and your front suspension is COMPLETELY different than a 4X4, so no this won't work at all for you.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Blazer_Man_Dan is on a distinguished road

crud, oh well... thanks, any recommendations? (i'm trying not to thread jack, lol).

now if i had a 4x4, this would be another story!

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" Lift!!!!