Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 05:13 PM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eshaw
I'll look that information up for you. I was just curious how much of the console you had to cut to clear underneath the dash.
Here is the console how I cut it. Also looks like the stock push button 4wd harness might have that grey/black wire so might try grounding it from there first and see if it works.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:29 PM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by awesomeamerican1
So nothing else of the shifter needs connecting right because it’s just a ground? And the harness you’re speaking of would just be the transfer case control module on the passenger side? I’ll get pictures of that too and post them up when I get it done and report the results.
That's my understanding of how it would work. Another thing you might try is to just push the button for 4LO and shift your transfer case to 4LO and see what hapens. I'll be interested to see what you find.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:35 PM

IT really wasn’t much. I just took my dreamel and slowly made the hole bigger until it fit right. A boot of some sort would be nice to fill in the empty space. I’ll grab those pictures for you when I get home from work today. As for the hole in the body for the cable shifter, I think that was partially indented where it needed to go, but getting a drill in there is tight. Luckily I have a plasma cutter that made it cake. And then I just used self taping screws to mount everything.
I assume you installed the shifter for the transfer case after you moved the fuel lines. I've heard that if you drill where the indentation is that the fuel lines are right under that spot.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:53 PM
Starting Member

I assume you installed the shifter for the transfer case after you moved the fuel lines. I've heard that if you drill where the indentation is that the fuel lines are right under that spot.
Pretty sure I had all that installed already. But I used the plasma cutter and not a drill. So it could have gone even more wrong 😂 but it was perfectly fine. I’ll habe to look and see how close they are to the hole. I want to say it’s atleast an inch to one side from where I cut.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:12 AM

I'm doing the same swap for my 233, it's getting replaced with the 231 shifter and console. I kept the console when I took it from a earlier S10/Blazer. I see them once in a while and usually snag them when I do. Seems a shame to let them go to the crusher! I got to looking around where the hole for the cable has to go and a drill is just out of the question for me. I'll have my buddy cut it out with his plasma cutter when I get to that point. I just know that the fuel lines are in that vicinity is why I asked.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:34 AM

Did you get the wiring for your shifting figured out?

Old 06-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Starting Member

Yes the gray wire with a black strip seemed to work. It seemed like it shifted yesterday right after about 3000 rpm. It was doing great until i did something stupid on the mountain lol

Old 06-10-2019, 09:47 AM

Yes the gray wire with a black strip seemed to work. It seemed like it shifted yesterday right after about 3000 rpm. It was doing great until i did something stupid on the mountain lol
Did you install a momentary switch or a toggle switch? How did you wire it up?

Old 06-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Starting Member

Did you install a momentary switch or a toggle switch? How did you wire it up?
I just ran a wire from the yellow over to the gray/black and used a wire tap for now to make sure it worked. No switch or anything. I’ll probably go back and solder it now that I know it works. That all was until I did this Saturday on the mountain

Not sure what im going to do next just yet. Found another body here for 300 bucks or I’m just going to delete the doors and cut the roof off for a full cage. Regardless it definitely needs a full cage after that experience. Thankfully it was a slow roll over on the mountain and no one was hurt. Engine fired right back up after 10 minutes too and hardly lost any fluids. Only real damage is the roof, windshield, and front supports.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Ouch! Glad no one was hurt and the truck doesn't look too bad. Exoskeleton time!

Quick Reply: Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS