Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Sasha the Cobalt

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ah man what a pain. I decided that my tails were working well enough to justify sealing them up so I could get a car wash. So I popped them out sealed the outside and glued the reflectors on. So when I get out of work today, I notice one side isn't coming on at all and 2 of the leds on the good side were out. The one side was just a pinched wire, but I couldn't get the 2 to come back on. I tried wiggling the wires through the hole in the back and tapping it, but nothing. FML. So looks like I'll be ripping the one side apart to see what the bawls is going on now.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:16 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

So I still haven't looked at the leds yet, but I did get a volt gauge in the mail today.

I decided to hook it up to the amp to see how much (if any) volt drop I get with just the mids amped. I was surprised to see this reading.

Of course I thought it must be malfunctioning because this is the stock charging system, so I checked it with a DMM and got 14.45V Needless to say I was a little surprised. I thought most charging systems only put out 13.8 - 14 at most. I checked at full volume and it drops a whopping 0.1v. So we'll see how 1450w (1000w more, it's at 450w RMS at the moment) will affect it, probably a lot, as with my 500w sub I could see all the lights dim quite a bit.

Attached Thumbnails Sasha the Cobalt-20130815_004602_zpsbc52567e.jpg  
Old 08-16-2013, 04:28 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I need to find a volt meter for the truck, would be nice to have.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran

I think this one was about $15, nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Them dragon gauges are cheap... I got 2 defected tachs from them... I didnt even email them for another replacement lol..

Only issue I had with it was the needle not lighting up any more... Both of them did the same thing aw well I got a spare now

Old 08-17-2013, 01:34 AM
BF Veteran

The needle not lighting up can be fixed man. Of course my gauge doesn't have a needle, so I might be better off, or worse off, whichever.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:49 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Yep I took one apart and the basically a little cheap led. I could resolder in a replacement pretty fast but I got lazy and painted the needle bright orange .

Old 08-18-2013, 01:11 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I really want to put a volt meter either below the headlight switch or up in the overhead console where the compass goes in the second gens, would be sweet. some point down the road.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:46 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah I thought that the stock place for the boost gauge would be a good spot. Now if only the guy would ship it already, paid for it on the 12th and he hasn't sent it out yet. We'll see what happens monday.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran

Ok so I got the gauge pod finally.

But I am having problems with the gauge not reading the correct voltage, or having it read 0v (which is retarded because the gauge won't even function under 9v) so it looks like I'm going to need a new, quality gauge.

On a happier note, I ordered my Sundown audio X15 from jagblazer10 (thanks man!) I can't wait to get it in.

Attached Thumbnails Sasha the Cobalt-20130827_183523_zpsf7776d23.jpg   Sasha the Cobalt-x15-001.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sasha the Cobalt