Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:46 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado

So I bought a new truck, and wanted to share my build log with you all since you are not (EDIT) "Not very nice people" like the guys over at gmfullsize are... It seems that if I dont have 10k wheels and a huge lift kit already, those guys will just flame the crap out of you for it... Not cool.

2007 Silverado 1500 4x4 - Phantom Grey Metallic (48U) - 5.3L - 4L60E

It already had a CAI on it, so I dont have to spend 400 bucks on one.

First thing I did was debadge it and add on a cool sticker
$4.00 - sticker from australia

$18.00 - I added a cool 4x4 decal instead of those stock Z71 ones. I will probably take them off for a cleaner look though.

$25.00 - Corvette shift servo for 700R4/4L60E - Ill put it in in spring when my garage floor is not so cold.

$90.00 - primer, body color x2, activator clear coat

$85.00 - Ventshades

Then I painted the bowties and ventshades.

$180.00 - I ordered HID lights for all 3 lights. 5000k 35w lows, 5000k 55w highs, 3500k 25w fogs. I also disabled the daytime running lights.

$44.00 - Precut window tint kit in 15% for all 5 windows.

And installed the tint and painted parts.

These will be going back on the tailgate underneath the bowtie

$50.00 - also ordered a bunch of LED lights in white for the interior of the truck.

This is how she sits today.

Future plans for this truck:
Lowering kit - something like 2/5 drop I think would be fine. Spindles and shackles.
22's in chrome
Remove step bars and put them on the jacked Blazer
Add chrome rear gate handle
Ghost something neat on the sides and gate with white and blue pearl paint.
Remove door mouldings as well.
LED switchback lights and resistors in front signal/marker lights
Candy the tails and upper light with body color.

Last edited by ohsofly; 01-01-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Lookin' GREAT.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the fullsize club!

Makes me want to get off my butt and install the 3500k HIDs in my fogs on my Tahoe. I've had the parts (old HidExtra 35w ballasts w/ DDM bulbs) for probably 3 months. Was waiting for my new bumper to get done, but since the free paint job offered by a fellow fire fighter isn't happening in a timely manner... That's a whole other story though.

Be careful with the installation of that servo. Make sure to get the snap ring seated FULLY before you take it for a spin.

EDIT - Thanks!

Old 01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Starting Member
blazin=blazer is on a distinguished road

looks good.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM

See what Im talking about - poeple here are nice... My first replies at the other site were all just rude stuff from a bunch of nerds. I wont be chatting there and only use that site for information since its the place I get google suggestions for.

VERNO - Your blazer is frickin SICK, why have I never seen you on here before? Going to check your ride out in a couple minutes.

Kyle I edited my nastiness, and you should get on the HIDs, the 3500 is such an awesome shade. It looks yellow to look at them, but they totally throw off green light. They start out red when I fire them, then go green, then warm up to yellow, I will have to get you all a video to show you. My bro put the 6000s on his new RAM, and they are totally blue, just like my blazers lights are waay too blue.

I will also get my buddy who is an ex tranny guy to gimme a hand with the vette servo since a tranny is and expensive thing to replace. What exactly can I expect from this thing? I hear it makes it snap from 1st to second without that little dead spot while it waits for the RPMs to come down more...

Last edited by ohsofly; 01-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 PM

$220.00 - dual halo clear/chrom projector headlight housings.

Couldnt find any that looked right with no halos, i probably wont.hook.em up

I also removed those new 4x4 decals.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough
Talking

Originally Posted by ohsofly

VERNO - Your blazer is frickin SICK, why have I never seen you on here before? Going to check your ride out in a couple minutes.
Thanks buddy, I been here awhile, seems like if I remember bout 2 yrs ago the forum got a new name or something, I got lost.
Come to think of it maybe I don't know what really happened, and I'm still lost, lol.
Anyway, you have a VERY nice looking Truck.
The Sonoma I drive daily has cancer so bad, but I runs great.
If it takes a dump someday, your truck is the type I'd be interested in.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Why the H*LL should we care about your full size truck. I am just kidding that is a nice looking truck you have there and I wish you well with it. Keep us updated and as you know pics are always welcome.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:20 PM

Got another update for the thread.

I got some projector headlamps from Ebay for the truck. They sure look nice, and the quality is good too. The crappy part I must not have read is that they do not take the same bulbs as the factory lights and the HID kits that I have just gotten for her... They have H3 bulbs in both hi and low. Waiting for another 50% sale at hidextra for the time being. I also didnt like the fact that the halos light up white, while the horizontal LEDs are all that 6000k blue. So I have also found some replacement LEDs on ebay, I got white, yellow, and orange, 10 of each to see what color I like the best. Ill use those star shaped LED bulbs in all 4 of the signals and tails methinks. Anyways, not gonna put them on until I have all the stuff on them cause these lights are not the easist things to remove and reinstall.

These are the little LEDs that are blue in color, I will wire them with the halos as running lights so that only the side orange ones signal. I know they are the same plug as 194, but they are low clearance and 194 wont fit into the inner holes. So I had to order this bulb size, the part number is slipping my mind at the moment.

I also painted the cold front grill inserts to match, there is some fasteners in the mail to put them on with too. Will look cool I hope.

And last thing, I got some sick wheels for it... Not the 22s I hoped for, but I did get 20s, they are chrome, and the tires are 275/55. There was slim pickings really for 22s in chrome, there was tons of black rockstar style ones though. Plus the tires are 100 more each for 22s, and my town does have a sh1tload of potholes. Ill update when I get to go test fit them whenever they are ready. Ill snap some photos but they are coming off till all this yuck is gone where I live. And they were the only 4 available, so its not like the next guys gonna have my wheels. They ARE from the same manufacturer as the ones I got the blazer.

$2500.00 - 4x Ultra 606 Platinum Boulevard 20" wheels w/ Falken 275/55R20 tires, install, locknuts, nitrogen, valves, taxes incl. - that makes 2 sets of rims and tires from these guys in the last 9 months! And I got a sweet deal both times too! I really like these ULTRA brand wheels they have some really nice stuff and the prices cant be beat. And I would never roll a set of rockstars or something like them, they are so overplayed by the oil rig rockets around here that its not even funny.

Was supposed to go for a test fit today, but the wheels are not shipped to the store yet... Maybe next weekend they will be here by, and I can go next saturday and get a photo of them on the truck at stock ride height at test fitting.

Next thing I get is McGaughtys 3/5 drop and call this truck finished cept for minor things. Then get back on the blazer when it warms up. Ill need the Blazer to run to get out of the garage so I can install the drop kit on the Illverado. I would just push it out, but I have a very steep driveway and there will be no pushing it back into the garage if I do that.

Other things I might do in the future:

Chrome fender flares
Chrome/Clear tails and 3rd light
Dual twin exhaust tips, also in Chrome

Last edited by ohsofly; 01-28-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:41 PM

Im also going to add this little side build in here for you all. Its a potato cannon of my own design. I watched a bunch on youtube, and I wanted to make one that is cooler looking, smaller, and just better. It fits my shoulder perfectly and I am 6' tall, and I can easily look down the barrell thats offset from the chamber. I will add a sight of some kind to it. What I mean by offset is that if you are holding it with the pistol grip straight down from the chamber, ay 6 o'clock position... the barrell is at a 1 to 2 o'clock position. The eyepeice will be at the 12 o'clock spot attached to the side of the barrell.

I used all ABS pipe with yellow markings.

Total cost was $20.50 from my friends at B&G, and they gave me the stick of 2" for free.

These are the parts exploded view 2" and 4" are used.

This is what it looks like all put together

Those 2 little braces between the chamber and barrell are just there to show where they will go. I am going to dremel them rounded to fit snug standing upright between the 2 in the same spots, and glue them there.

The firing mechanism will be a push button on the outside, or in, the pistol grip, and electronically fired via battery 9v. Prolly have another 15 bucks in plugs and battery and wires and button to get. You can cheap out and use the clicker from a BBQ lighter, but I wanna do something different from everyone else. I already did with the purposful shape.

I will make a start to finish sometime once its done and I can get some video of it firing too.

We had an over the shoulder one as a kid, and it would fire pretty good with hairspray, but if we used ether it would put a spud through a 3/4" plywood sheet (but not doubled up) with ease. It was also a 6"/3" gun and was really heavy to a 12 year old kid. I can throw this one around like I could a submachine gun. They make a heck of a boom when they fire too and its the mass of potato meat inside that determines the kick it has. It has to kick harder to spit out a long egg shaped spud than it does to spit a small red round one out. The small red one goes farther too, but its the long heavy slugs that bust through the plywood sheets.

For an example of accuracy - You could sit in one endzone on a football field and shoot field goals all day long on the other - on hairspray. 110yards is nothing, the spuds just starting to drop by that distance. 400 yards or more on ether.

If I ever get the ***** to try ann Acetylene/Oxy mix from a torch head I will be sure to get a video of it as Im sure thats going to be the most explosive mix I can find to fire it on. And I would have to arch it out over a calm lake so I can maybe see where the spud comes down.

IM TAKING VOTES AND SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO NAME IT

So far:

Spud Musket (cause its a muzzle loader and doesnt reload too fast)
Spudweiser (cause I imagine Ill be drinking my brew most times its getting fired)

Last edited by ohsofly; 01-28-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado