Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Tater Salad- ifier
Spudnick - Launching potatoes into orbit since 2012.

Last edited by Little Roober; 01-28-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:47 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Nato-tatoe
Spudanator

Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Thorgert dude, NATO-Tato is what its going to be, there is no E on potato and tomato where I come from.

I fricking LOVE it!!! I laughed hard, my GF laughed hard, and all my buddies will laugh at it.

Will be ordering the decals on Ebay here right away. I think Im an Ebay addict now, I have like 70 buys in the last 9 months...

Old 01-28-2012, 01:49 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I knew it looked weird.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:10 AM

Had time to pick up my wheel/tire combo and test fit a front one while off work for an appt. I am happy with the fit, they fit in the wheelwells just flush, and the 275 tire as opposed to the 255 gives me the puffy sidewall that I wanted for insurance against curb rashes. Crappy part, I totally forgot to mention that I have tire pressure monitors, so I didnt buy those things. I dont know what the warning is going to be or how annoying it will be to warrant the 300 bones for another set of sensors... This also makes 2 sets of aftermarket wheels and tires that I have not driven on yet in the last 9 months or so... I doubt Ill be buying tires or wheels for a long time now.

Anyhow, here is some updates for anyone following.

20" Platinum Boulavard wheels - unsure what the offset was, and I think they are 20x9

Sitting in front of the filthy truck

Shes just asking for that 3/5 drop now.... droool. Sitting out back of the truck shop (Trucks Plus - Edmonton southside 7435 74ave - 780-465-6001)

And I was into the interior again. Got another can of body color, and some more of that hardener clear coat stuff - I just LOVE the way it dries like glass, and way worth the 22 bucks a can!

Here is the silver parts from the interior prepped and ready for taping

Here they are primed

And the color coat x3

And here is the clearcoated pics of it mostly dry.

And this is a close up so I can show off the glass finish of THIS can of clearcoat. It is by far the best stuff, and the finish is thick, glassy, and very strong against scratching and chips. Its kinda hard to get a good angle in my makeshift basement paint booth, but trust me its really smooth. Im impressed, and Ive painted alot of **** in my days. The red botton on the bottom of the can is originally in the cap. You take it out, and slam it onto this button on the bottom of the can and that releases a hardening agent into the paint in the can, and also gives you only 24h to use it before it sets up in the can and it wont even rattle.

I also added some more LED bulbs into the rear 3rd lamp.

I still need to order two more HID kits in H1 - 4500k for the projector housings...

The specialty LED bulbs have not shown up yet for them either. Probably this week.

And Ill also add that this is my twins at 30 weeks... They could be here anywhere after the next 2 weeks!!! Thumbs up for bigger *****, thumbs down for when they leak down on ya... Thumbs also down for learnin how to do it to a big ole prego woman whos now delicate and not so flexible.

I cant wait to meet our son and daughter! We still have only settled on her name - Vada Vallon

Oh, and I bought a backseat mod too, her truck already has seats for it. Now my babies can come cruisin with daddy and watch out the back window.

Last edited by ohsofly; 02-04-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:27 AM

Well, the new rims rub on the front, so they are back in the garage until i install...

$225 ProComp level lift, to bring the front up 1.25"

OH, And the babies came Mar 4 at 0230.... Gage Gavin, and Vada Valin

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-24-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:21 PM

Took a couple hours out to install the stuff. here is what she looks like now. I love the look and its awesome level.

BEFORE

AFTER

This is what the frontend on an NNBS (new new body style) Silverado looks, NO MORE T-BARS - WTF!?!?!?!

And this is where the ProComp spacers go.

And I added my painted parts onto the front as well the night before. I also really like this look.

This is how I roll now in the dark. DRL disable, and no auto headlights anymore.

I think this is nearing the end of my build on this truck, we just got a HUGE house that needs more things for the inside of it, and all the kids need new beds etc...

Things I intend to do still - find "clear/chrome" taillights, or make a set of stockers into some sweet LED ones as a side prject to work on at home - I dont know how to solder LED boards, but I have google and the desire to learn.

Switch all my interior dash lights to blue instead of the greenish they are now.

Dual exhaust with FATTY tips, maybe use my supertraps I bought for the Blazer, but the Blazer is an off roader, and I think they might look better on the Illverado.

Add chrome tailgate handle, and lower mirror covers.

Make a cool licence plate frame refrencing my fullsize group - FULLSIZECHEVY.COM

Possibly a color matched canopy with tinted windows and remove the plastic boxliner to replace with carpet.

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-24-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:20 AM
BF Veteran

It's coming along nicely.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:12 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

truck looks great man. wish i had a silverado myself but could never afford the gas haha. nice tasteful mods

Old 04-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

nice truck, i like that sticker "i just wanna get laid" lol

Quick Reply: SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado