Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

OK, put the stock headlamps back on, and took off the aftermarket ones for some mod work since Im starting to see a bunch of these lights alot now - most guys get the smoked ones though.

Oven - 180-190 degrees

This makes the butyl that holds the lights together soft, then you pry them apart.

And then use a screwdriver to remove these reflectors.

I then painted the reflectors black, and allpied this white reflector tape to them and reinstalled. No more orange side lights.

I also ordered from www.superbrightleds.com some replacement LEDs for the lights. They have white halos, but the leds inside seemed to be blue - looked stupid. So I now have white leds, or orange, or red, Ill see what looks coolest and add them to my signal circuit.

Me and the stepson also finished removing the mouldings from the side, and he shined all my chrome up nice.

Last edited by ohsofly; 07-17-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Truck looks awesome man! I have one of those back seat mods in my blazer as well little man loves to offroad!!

Old 08-04-2012, 10:36 PM

Ok, installed the cleared projectors and slow flash resistors. Front LED conversion complete.

Today my father inlaw and i painted my taillights body color at his body shop. I love it. Total cost of this mod - $4 for two cups of coffee

Waiting for more slow flash resistors for the rear then i can put the smd led bulbs in the tails then they will be much brighter.

Also installed 55w foglamps on the back for reverse lights since my stock reverse lamps rendered useless.

Last edited by ohsofly; 08-04-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:07 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Looks great, and I love the zombie hunting permit.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:13 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Like everyone else said, truck is looking great!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 PM

Well, I got hit by my neighbor last month and she squashed the left rear up. Bodyshop fixed it on her insurance dime for $3100, now it looks like new again. Required repair and paint of the left quarter panel, replace and paint tail lamp, replace a bunch of bumper pieces, repair and paint the tailgate.

Ive ordered some LED tail lamps for it online for 200 bucks. They will be painted to match when all my parts get in.

I also ordered this spoiler for the tailgate

I also ordered this rollpan

The bodyshop (father inlaws place) cracked the new taillamp when putting it back in, so he said he has to order a new tail lamp and paint it and will lemme know when its done. I said, well hang on, how much is a stock tail lamp? He said about 250. I said, how about I buy a new set of LED tail lamps, and all my parts, and you paint em for me instead of replace the broken tail lamp that Im just going to scrap anyways? He said sure.

Next weekend I will be removing the rear bumper and putting it on kijiji to see if I can get a few hundred bux back, its brand new as of a few weeks ago. Once its off I intend to go get the exhaust shop down the street from me to cut off my muffler, and make me cat back dual straight pipes with these tips mounted as tight up to the frame rails as they can get them. They are 7" supertraps with a removable baffle. 2.5" inlet - same as my factory pipes. Then I will trim the rollpan to fit around them when it comes in and have everything painted and installed. Should look one of a kind and add a little more chrome to my truck. With the notched rollpan, it should resemble the duals on the new dodge pickups, only mobadass!

I also took apart the SPYRDER headlamps and took off the Halo rings and swapped the white LEDs in them for blue SMDs instead. Looks frigging sick now and gets a shatload of comments from people when I go places at night. I love the look of just the halos and foglamps on.

BEFORE

AFTER

Im also working on a blue SMD backlight to the brand new grill I have for it. Stuffs kinda on hold till warmer weather. I did my Yukon with blue backlight already and this is how that one turned out. I did 5000k HID lows and highs, and 10,000K fogs, and the blue SMD grill backlighting. Cant really see it cause my camera doesn't like the HID headlamps. I will be deleting the DRL and auto headlamps on the Yukon one of these days so that it can drive with just fogs and grill lit up like the Illverado can. If you look close you can see the blue grill.

Also, my twins just turned 1 on the 4th of march, and here is a video of them dancing to their favorite song. Their names are Vada Valin, and Gage Gavin.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...1935127&type=3

Waiting on my tax return of almost 3G to get put into my bank account, and this month is BONUS MONTH at work... We think it will be 24% this year -that's of gross yearly earnings.... KA-CHING! I think I might just pay off the Illverado since the interest on its higher than the Yukon, and do some kind of family vacation to somewhere nice this summer. Then next year use my bonus for the downpayment on a new house for my family of 8, errr, 9 now. One of my old time homies is a big time real estate guru now. He will find me something that works. I would like an acerage just outside of town, at least 6 bedrooms, at least 2500 ft sq, preferably solar power, well water, and I will put in a wood pellet furnace if it doesn't have one. We wont buy anything that requires us to use the utility companys again. If I have to have a gas account to run a furnace and stove, then that will be OK, but I want off the power companys plan.

I also found out via DNA that a child that was born 2 years ago that I suspected was mine, actually is mine, his name is Brody. I have court this month to get visitation of him and am applying for split custody of him. There is no way I will not be his dad, he has a brother and sister that he must know. This broad is battling me every step of the way on this, but I have been studying case laws, and preparing all my documents, and I think I can beat her expensive lawyer. The lawyer has been fishing for dirt on me and they have made false accusations of drug use of me and ordered a drug test. I think when I pass the drug test it will hurt her credibility to the judge (shouldn't be too hard, I don't do any drugs ever). I dunno, gotta see how it goes. I am battling this with no lawyer. And when I get visitation ordered to build up to split custody, this average truck driver will have beat a 5000 dollar lawyer at her own game.

Attached Thumbnails SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado-03-cl07tled.jpg   SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado-w21.jpg   SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado-fg-100-chevy-silverado_5.jpg   SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado-47003_10150283239475128_18428_n.jpg   SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado-603159_10152407459470128_156105005_n.jpg  

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-09-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 AM

Got the exhausts done.

$350 - remove everything cat back, install y-pipe in 2.5" with 2.25" dual tailpipes, and all hangers, installed my supplied tips. Sounds really good, its got a low rumble, no rapping. I love it.

Ordered the rest of the stuff I wanted while I spent Saturday in a mandatory "parenting after separation" course that I had to take for this court bullsh1te

$205 - steel rollpan from Goodmark, should be in this week

$189 - Pure RST spoiler for tailgate edge, unpainted

$220 - Red LED tail lamps

$45 - 60" LED light strip for tailgate edge

$45 - 40,000k exotic green fog light HID kit

$20 - multi color night rider light for grill, ill use blue

$12 - blue LED backlights for grill and foglamp holes

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-24-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM

Got a gopro, haven't figured out how to get decent sound yet. It's like it heard everything but my exhaust tone. And here's a photo of the final product.

I have since removed the baffles and it sounds much louder.

Thursday I go hang a spanking on that lawyer...

Attached Thumbnails SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado-887105_10152670161165128_1365371544_o.jpg  

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-26-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Well I have to be honest and say I don't really care for the exhaust It just looks a bit honda/ricerish not manly/Illveradoish to me. I truely love every other aspect of your truck though! But like it has been said a million times before as long as you like it thats all that matters cause its your truck not mine!!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Them exhaust tips are horrible!

Quick Reply: SOSOFLY - OhSoFLY's 07 Silverado