Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Stepson Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Beginning Member
JDMcQ is on a distinguished road

THANKFULLY, the rear did not fight us as bad as the front did. We got it all back together, including the blacked out front bumper.

Attached Thumbnails Stepson Build-imag0142.jpg   Stepson Build-imag0141.jpg   Stepson Build-imag0140.jpg  
Old 07-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

I like it with the painted bumper, looks good.

As for the idler arm... that just seems odd to me but it looks like everything is installed right. My only other thought would be to check the motor mounts, if they're all worn out the engine might be sitting lower than it should.

As for other fixes, you could trim the bracket back enough to give clearance, as long as the pivot clears the fan after you should be good.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
I like it with the painted bumper, looks good.

As for the idler arm... that just seems odd to me but it looks like everything is installed right. My only other thought would be to check the motor mounts, if they're all worn out the engine might be sitting lower than it should.

As for other fixes, you could trim the bracket back enough to give clearance, as long as the pivot clears the fan after you should be good.
Thanks,

It swings just fine and I trimmed the fan blades with the die grinder to clear. Not a stellar solution, but it will do.. The alignment needs done bad. We tape measured the toe to get it down the road, but needs to get on a rack. It goes to my mechanic next week for a going over.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:36 AM
05canjimmy is on a distinguished road

looks great. i just ordered my rc kit last week cant wait to get it in

Old 07-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 05canjimmy
looks great. i just ordered my rc kit last week cant wait to get it in
Thanks!

It seems to be a good kit. One piece of advice. When reinstalling the front differential, get it in there WITHOUT the new RC drop mount installed. It will fit past the crossmember and brackets much easier and you can easily attach it from the drivers side wheel well. When you take it out during disassembly you will see what I mean.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:35 AM
05canjimmy is on a distinguished road

alright thanks a lot!

Old 07-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Beginning Member

Wheels and tires are on!

Black Rock kept pushing back the date for the 16x8 with the 5" backspacing. We went with Pro Comp 15x8, 4.5" BS and 31x10.50 General Grabber AT2. Rubs on the fender but I will fix that tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Stepson Build-imag0163.jpg   Stepson Build-imag0165.jpg  
Old 07-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

It has a good stance. The blacked out bumpers look good with the pewter color.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I love that color combo! Truck looks great.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Beginning Member

A small update. My stepson in in West Virginia working for his Grandfather for the summer. While he is away, I am left to tidy up a few details and shake things down a bit.

I still need to get to a level pad to set the front end height. It sits a little nose high right now, at least it looks that way on our slightly sloped street and driveway. Once that is done, back to Firestone for another alignment an to get the tires balanced. The steering is still a little lose on center, I will adjust the box a bit more to help that out as well.

I did order and install a Dynomax cat back kit. It was only $150 from Summit Racing. For the price, it sounds really good and was an easy install.

To come:
Replace front door hinge pins
Finish trimming the front fenders
Track down a 2 door rear mount tire carrier and install
Replace both front door speakers (don't get loud enough to drown out the squeaks and rattles)

Name:  IMAG0178.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  101.7 KB

Attached Thumbnails Stepson Build-imag0178.jpg  

Quick Reply: Stepson Build