Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Tagzor

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Beginning Member
Jrbiem is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Looking good so far bud!! Its way easier to remove the entire bumper to remove the valance than to try and fight with it still on the truck! You need to paint the whole grill for sure it looks akward right now lol!
Thanks man! And yea now I see how much easier it would have been to take the whole bumper off, but at least I finally got it off. Here's a shot of the awkwardness corrected and some black wheels!

Attached Thumbnails Tagzor-grillepaint_zps0659580c.jpg   Tagzor-wheelpaint_zpse349b82f.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

The grill looks much better!! I like the wheels on there as well it ties all the stripes together and looks nice!

Old 03-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Starting Member
kenny100034 is on a distinguished road

I have the same car seat base as you.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:29 PM
1999BlueMobile is on a distinguished road

Yeah that valence sure was a struggle for me too, wanted to pull it the morning before I went and did some trail cruising for the first time in my Blazer, figured it'd be quick and easy to pull it.. Ended up removing the whole bumper and one of the bumper brackets, 2 and a half hours later I was valence free!

By the way, do you plan on completely removing the skid plate, replacing, or what in order to get the recievers in there? Been thinking of doing the same thing instead of the tow hooks..

Blazer is looking good!

Old 03-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by kenny100034
I have the same car seat base as you.
Haha, you are observant. I am so used to it being there I didn't even pay attention that it was in the picture. Our little girl is about 6 months old but she is 100% for height and is wearing 9 mos clothes. Pretty soon we won't be able to use the base! Her feet ready stick over and her head is almost to the top.

Originally Posted by 1999BlueMobile
Yeah that valence sure was a struggle for me too, wanted to pull it the morning before I went and did some trail cruising for the first time in my Blazer, figured it'd be quick and easy to pull it.. Ended up removing the whole bumper and one of the bumper brackets, 2 and a half hours later I was valence free!

By the way, do you plan on completely removing the skid plate, replacing, or what in order to get the recievers in there? Been thinking of doing the same thing instead of the tow hooks..

Blazer is looking good!
To get the receivers in, just remove the front 2 skid plate bolts on each side then slide the receivers in. Mark the 4 holes on the bottom (2 tow hook holes and 2 receiver holes). Drill holes where you marked and slide it back into the frame rails. When you put the skid plate bolts in they go through the skid plate then the frame rail then the receiver.

I do eventually plan to replace it though because it's plastic...

And thanks for the compliments everyone.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

The clear rectangle you removed was to protect the paint on the hatch from your rear wiper.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Blazin00LT
The clear rectangle you removed was to protect the paint on the hatch from your rear wiper.
Well I guess now I know haha. It was peeling away and looked like crap, hopefully my wiper doesn't ruin the paint now.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:21 AM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jrbiem
Well I guess now I know haha. It was peeling away and looked like crap, hopefully my wiper doesn't ruin the paint now.
You can replace it with clear 3m tape, I bought some on ebay.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 05BlackJimmy
You can replace it with clear 3m tape, I bought some on ebay.
Roger that, thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Beginning Member
Default Lighting Update

My superbrightled order was in the mail today, and my headlights and bumper lights came FedEx as well.

I got the bumper lights in - which was very easy. Just had to pop the old ones loose from the grill, remove the bulb from the twist socket and the new lights had a plug that fit into the bulb socket. Easy peasy, here's a pic of them off just on the truck. I will try for a night time picture in the morning when I leave work.

I got the HVAC bulbs and headlight switch bulb swapped out to green. I attempted the window lock switch but it was a no go no matter which way I put the bulb in. Had a bit of a scare too because when I hooked it back up the windows were stuck locked no matter which way the switch was pressed. So I took it back apart and adjusted the little metal arm in there and was able to regain window function. On a side related note, none of the window switches door locks or window lock switch are lit up with even white light right now so I'm wondering if maybe there is a fuse that controls them...? I didn't mess with the 4x4 or rear hatch at all yet.

Anywho here's the green HVAC and headlight switch

And here's a shot of one of the headlights sitting on a chair in the garage. I need to pick up some wiring supplies so that I can get them in and wired up. I didn't take a picture of them but the headlights also came with a 6000k HID kit to replace the low beams.

Attached Thumbnails Tagzor-bumperlights_zps5019e5fe.jpg   Tagzor-hvacgreen_zps8903d7eb.jpg   Tagzor-headlightgreen_zpsf3b220eb.jpg   Tagzor-ccflheadlights_zps40c2ceaf.jpg