Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Tagzor

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Hey read through your build! Looks good so far! Like the ideas you have. Just out of curiosity, whereabouts in Wisconsin are you from? Im from the Eastside of Madison.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Beginning Member
Jrbiem is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wisco Blazer
Hey read through your build! Looks good so far! Like the ideas you have. Just out of curiosity, whereabouts in Wisconsin are you from? Im from the Eastside of Madison.
Thanks! Appreciate the compliment. I'm from Green Bay.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Twip
the ones that you bought for the HVAC might not work. i had the same problem and i just havent addressed it. i bought mine to back light the gauge face. where the temp **** and fan speed **** are. and mine are all soldered in, and waaaaay smaller. when you change those out, please take pictures. im curious as to where they are suppose to go.
Bah, I was in a hurry to finish up before work and forgot to take pics for you. I can get them on Monday morning for you. I work 12 hr night shifts all weekend. They are 4 smaller twist lock sockets back there near the top of the face though. My sockets were blue but YMMV.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:03 AM
Beginning Member
Default Oh what an interesting day...

So on my way to work last night it dawned on me that while I plugged the connections for the bumper lights into the sockets I never twisted the sockets into the new lights to keep moisture out! So when I was leaving work this morning I popped the grille off right there in the parking ramp and twisted them in (didn't want to chance anything since it was snow/rain).

Then as I'm driving home it's quite cold and the heat isn't warming...just a cold draft coming from the vents and no blower. So it dawns on me that like a dummy I never reconnected the plugs on the back of the HVAC when I changed out the light bulbs earlier. So spent about 10 minutes fixing that when i got home.

Gee, what a dummy eh?

I did stop at wally world and pick up some quick splice connectors so if I wake up early enough today I may wire up the new headlights minus the HIDs for now. And then next week sometime I'll put the HIDs in, we'll see if I'm feeling ambitious today before work or not.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Beginning Member

Got the driver side headlight all wired up and mostly installed. I need to pick up a couple of the retainer clips from autozone because there was 1 missing from each side.

Meanwhile I'm waiting on an RMA # to exchange the passenger side housing because one of the mounting posts was broken off when I received the package but I didn't notice it until after the CCFL box was all wired in. They should be calling me today to set me up with a return shipping label.

I can't figure out how to get a picture of what they look like in person without the picture being totally washed out by light, I'll have to play with the camera settings a little more to see if I can find one that will work.

here's a pic with the lights off and the goofy looking front end with 2 different headlights lol

Attached Thumbnails Tagzor-20130320_082925_lls_zps65e4957e.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Beginning Member

Haven't updated this in a while, got a bit busy with other things. Due to timezone difference it took a while to get in touch with the newegg market retailer that I bought the lights from. Spoke with someone today, and he is going to email the RMA / return shipping label. He said once the tracking starts moving he will send the replacement part out right away.

So hopefully mid next week I will have it and can finish up the front end lights. Then I'll be ready to order tail lights as well as LEDs for map, dome, cargo and footwells.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

Cool build so far . I really like the dash lights. with a few of mine burnt out if i ever bother to rip it apart ill do this. Do you still have the vice grip seat handle? I did exact same thing on pass side, the metal rod was cracked so no way to put handle back on.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Neb15
Cool build so far . I really like the dash lights. with a few of mine burnt out if i ever bother to rip it apart ill do this. Do you still have the vice grip seat handle? I did exact same thing on pass side, the metal rod was cracked so no way to put handle back on.
Thank you for the compliment. And yes, I do still have the vice grip seat handle haha. I did find that you can order a replacement for like 10 bucks, but I haven't looked to see if the metal rod is damaged or not. For the most part I'm the only one that drives it so it doesn't have to be moved much, only rarely for my wife.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Beginning Member
Default Front End Lights Complete

Lighting Update:

RMA'd passenger headlamp showed up via FedEx today. Popped in place and snapped a pic for you all to see. Now I am going to have to take the grille off and spray it again because I managed to scratch some of the paint off. Oops!

Tails will be next. We need to order the next step car seat for our daughter and it so happens Newegg sells the one we want so I will likely sneak the tails into that order.

Anywho here's a pic:

Attached Thumbnails Tagzor-headlightscomplete_zpse765eaac.jpg