Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Teenage Dream Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Beginning Member
WittyW is on a distinguished road
Default Teenage Dream Blazer

So I thought to share the story of my Blazer and what I plan to do with it. This will most likely be a very slow build since as the titles says, I'm a teenager (18 years old). So I don't have the money to buy everything I want. Here's my Blazer, it's a 2004 Chevy Blazer 4 Door 4x4.

There it's 100% stock, nothing done at all to it. And as of right now it's pretty stock still. First thing I did was black at the chrome on the front grill and black out the bars on the side of the truck. It was more or so to see how it looks and I like it and I will probably have to redo it eventually.

Next this I did was put new wheels on it which I was extremely happy with. My uncle gave them to me, they had been sitting around from when he used to have them on his old Blazer but got rid of the Blazer. I love the wider stance they give the Blazer.

And today I toyed around with the exhaust and took the muffler off. So far I like it, I'm going to drive around a bit with and see if I still like and if so I will see about doing a straight back pipe.

In terms of future plans I have a lot of things I'd love to do. I of course want to give it a lift lol. Because of my small budget I'm probably going to do a 2" body lift first then a 2.5" suspension lift when I get the money. Then of course get some bigger tires for it . I also want to get a roof rack and store my spare on the rack as well get off road lights for the rack. I want to get a nice brush guard for the truck with a couple lights as well. I'm sure I will want to do much more it xD.

But I thought I'd share my small build on here for your guys amusement as well as advice or suggestions from you guys. Hopefully this becomes an interesting build for you guys xD. Let me know what you guys think of it so far.

Attached Thumbnails Teenage Dream Blazer-imag0849_zpsee8d061d.jpg   Teenage Dream Blazer-imag0848_zps4cbdf7b8.jpg   Teenage Dream Blazer-imag0856_zpsfedbdfa1.jpg   Teenage Dream Blazer-imag0861_zpsdc52797c.jpg   Teenage Dream Blazer-imag0860_zpsb17a21f1.jpg  

Old 12-01-2013, 02:57 PM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

Nice start. Hit Craigslist for cheap parts and search this site for info on how to do stuff.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Beginning Member
AleroBlazer is on a distinguished road

nice, should paint your rims black would look way better

Old 12-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Nice, I don't know about the exhaust part. I did the same thing that you did and it is obnoxious after driving for like a week with it. I now have a thrush welded muffler single inlet and dual pipes out and it is still almost as loud as a straight pipe. I would really look at getting some sort of muffler just because if you ever go on a long trip you will want tear your ears off.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:55 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Take the wheels off, they are the wrong offset. You like the way the looks but your truck is hurting inside.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

as for the exhaust. your gas mileage is going to drop,and your low end torque is going to fall too. At least put a flowmaster etc on it. these 4.3s dont like running open like that.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

The lower height of those tires is going to throw your speedo off and hurt your gas mileage. That being said, it is a nice looking blazer and the body appears to be in good shape.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:51 AM
ckroll98 is on a distinguished road

I've got a body lift for sale if you're interested. Good looking truck!

Old 12-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Wisco Blazer
Nice, I don't know about the exhaust part. I did the same thing that you did and it is obnoxious after driving for like a week with it. I now have a thrush welded muffler single inlet and dual pipes out and it is still almost as loud as a straight pipe. I would really look at getting some sort of muffler just because if you ever go on a long trip you will want tear your ears off.
Yea it was more me being curious to how it would sound. I'm going to hook the muffler back up when I get a chance. I plan on getting a nice muffler to replace one day.

Originally Posted by AleroBlazer
nice, should paint your rims black would look way better
That's what I was thinking to do, I've seen similar rims in black and they look pretty sick.

Originally Posted by LeWhite
Take the wheels off, they are the wrong offset. You like the way the looks but your truck is hurting inside.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of future plans of lifts and bigger tires don't they recommend wheels offset like these so the tire doesn't rub the frame. I'm sure they do cause more wear but doesn't anything you do that's not stock technically cause faster wear?

Old 12-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Beginning Member

Put the muffler back on and back to the quiet engine. I'm going to look into getting a nicer muffler to put so I can get some nice sound out of the Blazer. Any suggestions?

My left turn signal bulb went out which is annoying as hell. Gonna have to pick a new pair soon.

Quick Reply: Teenage Dream Blazer