Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Teenage Dream Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 01:14 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WittyW
Quick questions for ya guys. I've been having issues with my ABS since the day I got the Blazer. Maybe one of you guys might know what's wrong xD

When I'm breaking and coming to a stop my ABS kicks on when I hit 10mph and stops at 5mph. The ABS still works fine and there is no light. Just does that every time I stop. I do get codes for speed sensor I believe. Haven't really had the chance to mess with it. Hope one of you guys know whats wrong lol.
Check if one of your wheel bearings are loose. Jack up the front, grab 12 and 6 oclock and have someone look to see if the cv axle moves up and down and you feel play. Also spacers and offset will cause the same problems. But everyone still does it. Changes the scrub radius, look it up. AND I have 2 inch spacers on my truck for over a year now with no problems.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Beginning Member
WittyW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
Check if one of your wheel bearings are loose. Jack up the front, grab 12 and 6 oclock and have someone look to see if the cv axle moves up and down and you feel play. Also spacers and offset will cause the same problems. But everyone still does it. Changes the scrub radius, look it up. AND I have 2 inch spacers on my truck for over a year now with no problems.
Alright thanks! Definitely will have to give it a try when I get a chance. I actually had the issue before I tried the wheels with the different offset so it wasn't caused by it. Although, when I had those wheels on it would pull to the left when the ABS kicked on as I was stopping. Doesn't really do that with stock wheels.

Would 2" spacers and offset wheels that stick out 2" more have the same exact effect on the suspension. Had a couple people say that offset wheels kills front end but spacer don't. Doesn't really make sense in my head lol.

Thanks again!

Old 03-12-2014, 10:22 AM
BF Veteran

Personally I dont think there`s any difference. If you use quality front end parts, moog, timkyn and keep them greased you should be alright

Old 03-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer2005 is on a distinguished road

Very nice truck I finally got my dream blazer June
7 2013 and iv gotten a lot done so far check it out
If you'd like type in recovery is my latest photos I'm
17 by the way

Old 05-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Beginning Member

Another question for you guys. I have a two leaf-springs sitting from my mom's old blazer (her boyfriend at the time lowered it). Could I throw the springs on my Blazer to lift the rear up a bit? For the "add-a-leaf lift" I wasn't sure if it was a certain leaf you have to get or just an old Blazer leaf.

My uncle was telling me the lift shackles are dangerous and will flex when driving. Not sure how correct he is since I have never heard of a single one of you guys having an issue. Maybe he's talking about cheapo shackles... I don't know. Even a couple of you guys on here have the cheapo ones and never mentioned having issues. Just curious to what you guy's opinion is on that matter.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:20 PM
BF Veteran

Never heard of problems with shackles. And yes extra leafs will add lift.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by newguy
Never heard of problems with shackles. And yes extra leafs will add lift.
Wow you're quick, thanks! And agreed, I have not heard anyone complain about them.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Beginning Member

So I haven't really been able to do much. I did however the other day decide to do something I had been holding off for quite a while. I was cleaning my car I decided to just tear the front end off and have some fun.

Then I whipped out a can of plastidip and had fun!

Unfortunately 1 can was not enough and I will have to buy 2 and add more coats. But it turned out good!

Soon I want to get some better tires and rims. I also want to add some zr2 flares with the rear tire carrier. I should also be getting a brush guard soon!

Attached Thumbnails Teenage Dream Blazer-20140815_184053_zpsdtsj314y.jpg   Teenage Dream Blazer-20140815_194058_zpsflkzcwvj.jpg  
Old 08-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

The front looks good so far. If you are looking for wheels I will be selling my Camaro wheels once I finish my fire bird wheels and buy (can afford) some tires.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
The front looks good so far. If you are looking for wheels I will be selling my Camaro wheels once I finish my fire bird wheels and buy (can afford) some tires.
I do like camaro rims but I'm looking to get a wider stance lol. Thanks for the offer!

Now quick question for you guys. I'm going to get brush guard soon and add fog lights. I noticed when I had the grill pulled off there was an unused wire which appears to be for fog lights. If I pull a light switch off a blazer with fogs is it possible to use that wiring to hook up fog lights?

Quick Reply: Teenage Dream Blazer