Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Teenage Dream Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

How much wider of a stance are you going for? The Camaro wheels add around 2" to each side since they have less backspacing than the stock wheels.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:18 PM
Beginning Member
WittyW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
How much wider of a stance are you going for? The Camaro wheels add around 2" to each side since they have less backspacing than the stock wheels.
Hmm I didn't think they had too much of a difference. I'll definitely have to think about that. 2" plus wider tires would probably be perfect lol.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:45 PM
jskrieger1 is on a distinguished road

i also just got a 2004 blazer....... i already have 33 inch tires for it and looking for some advice and a lift

Old 09-26-2015, 10:55 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WittyW
Yea it was more me being curious to how it would sound. I'm going to hook the muffler back up when I get a chance. I plan on getting a nice muffler to replace one day.

That's what I was thinking to do, I've seen similar rims in black and they look pretty sick.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of future plans of lifts and bigger tires don't they recommend wheels offset like
these so the tire doesn't rub the frame. I'm sure they do cause more wear but doesn't anything you do that's not stock technically cause faster wear?
I dont think it would be accurate to think anything you do to a vehicle will cause faster wear. When you understand that Blazers were made to a price point its easy to see that modification that raises that price point can often decrease wear and tear and increase longevity. Wheels with more offset, bigger tires and raising a Blazer are not those kind of modifications.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:10 PM
jskrieger1 is on a distinguished road
Default 04 chevy blazer

just bought a 2004 chevy blazer with a v6 i wana lift it and put on a pair of 33's i bought a year ago for a hundred bucks....lol

Old 09-30-2015, 01:03 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

My uncle was telling me the lift shackles are dangerous and will flex when driving. Not sure how correct he is since I have never heard of a single one of you guys having an issue. Maybe he's talking about cheapo shackles...

I dont know about being dangerous. I would guess you will know that they are safe until you know they are unsafe. I do think your Uncle has some wisdom under his belt, and here is why. Grab a 50 lb weight with one hand and hold it to your side. Now move your hand slowly away from your side 4in. Are you OK? Now hold the weight 8in from your side. Feel that? That stress is because the load isnt in line with its resistance. When you raise the back of your Blazer the load (centrifugal) from going around a turn isnt in line with the suspension pickup points (the resistance) which results in additional stress. Added stress results in added strain. All that to say, dont give a dead fly to what Uncle is telling you..... just always drive in a straight line.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:54 AM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jskrieger1
just bought a 2004 chevy blazer with a v6 i wana lift it and put on a pair of 33's i bought a year ago for a hundred bucks....lol
Start by starting your own build thread, not commenting on some else's. Then go sell those 33's and get some 31's. You'll have a lot less trouble getting them to fit. Also, read first https://blazerforum.com/forum/liftin...it-list-16186/