Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Twip's 98 Blazer slo-mo build

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by slcblazer
Nice lookin blazer. If you are looking for some decent trails go down closer to Ocean Side/ Dana Point go a little south past them right before the big marine base. Pretty decent trails and some sand to play in.
i will have to do that. i have been wanting to go out again, but i cant find anyone willing to go that has a 4x4. im kinda by myself in all this right now. but did find this bad *** website that has trails all across the states in it. its like a giant database of fun!
RiderPlanet USA - ATV Trails, Motorcycle Trails, Motocross Tracks you gotta check it. just click on your state.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:15 AM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

I lived in Irvine, if I were still there I would go with you, there are some serious trails and closer to the base you get into some really fun dunes. I ripped my silverado up those mommas. Was a blast.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:58 PM

since i worked on my work blazer a little bit today, i figured that i would show some love for my blazer and get a new set of wheels for her.

Name:  20130817_134700_zps65df088e.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  84.1 KB

picked up this set of ZR5 rims from a guy that i also bought a ZR2 rear axle from. i still have to get the axle in, but its on the list. i thought that i could get this done pretty quick and easy today! what do you think?

Old 08-17-2013, 04:01 PM

quick update on my list of things to do!

what i plan on doing:

Dash and door speakers - DONE!
Window tint and visor - DONE!
HIDs
Custom center console with rear 12v plugs and switches for rear heated seats.
Roof basket (thinking a MOAB if i can find one for a good price, or build one)
ZR2 Rear axle - Bought, but not installed
ZR5 Rims - DONE!

shes getting there, slowly but surely its becoming more mine! if that makes sense.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 PM

so i went a little "spendy" yesterday.....
but its for the good. i got everything i need for a tune up, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and then i got some wipers since its getting close to that time of the year around here. then i bought 4 new rotors and new parking brake kit. since i have the ZR2 rear axle to put in, i figured that i might as well do the rear brakes and everything now so i dont have to do it later. i still have to get rear calipers but i had to lend my brother 70 bones because his wife killed a tire last night avoiding an accident. glad everyone was ok though.
so now i just have to get new guide pins for the front calipers and a few other brake related items, brake clean, disc brake quiet, ect. ect... and i can do all the brakes and a tune up. she has been starting a little rough so i want to get that fixed up the right way.
ill get some pictures up when i get the parts....Rock auto should have everything to me by Saturday!

Old 01-22-2014, 11:08 PM
Talking

i guess that i should update this a little bit. tomorrow i will start cleaning parts and getting everything lined up to install my 8.5 rear end and my new E-Locker from Eaton. i should have everything done by Saturday, fingers crossed nothing comes up. i just have to pick up my new brake lines on Friday since nobody had any of them in stock.

Name:  20140122_205856_zpsed5777b9.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  93.5 KB

Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 PM

well i got all the bearings banged out and new races installed. go the pinion bearing all done and same with the carrier bearings. tomorrow will be drilling a hole for the electrical, cleaning, then installing and shimming. and if things work out correctly, i will start the swap tomorrow afternoon. pictures tomorrow as well. i kinda ran out of day light today.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:39 PM

well i am almost done with the 8.5 upgrade.

i have it all cleaned out and new pinion races installed. getting ready to drill the hole for the electrical.

this seemed like the best location. out of the way, next to where the brake lines will be. i think it should be just fine.

and here we have it all put together. pinion installed, locker put in. now tomorrow i just have to get everything switched over, which shouldnt be too bad. all new brakes will be going on as well. then i will have to start running wire and what not to get everything operational.

Attached Thumbnails Twip's 98 Blazer slo-mo build-20140124_102952_zpsc9b4d4da.jpg   Twip's 98 Blazer slo-mo build-20140124_102958_zps2578c239.jpg   Twip's 98 Blazer slo-mo build-20140124_130342_zps4784f574.jpg  
Old 01-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Nice work!!

Old 01-26-2014, 01:13 AM

so i was kicking *** and taking names today with my axle swap. AND THEN, i broke the transmission yoke on my drive shaft while swapping out the u-joints!! i was soooo happy!! so that kinda put a hampering on my day since now i couldnt drive it home. i had to borrow my bosses truck so i could go to the pick and pull to get another drive shaft. and then in the morning, i have to take it apart, after of course making sure that it fits, and then put it back together. i was a bit irritated when it happened because everything else was going so well. not a huge deal anyway. i wasnt going to be able to get it wired up today as i was taking my sweet time and working leisurely.
so the plan for tomorrow will be to get the "new" drive shaft apart, check the trans yoke out, then put it u-joints in it, then install it. fill rear end with oil. change front brakes, bleed everything so i will have fresh fluid. i think its still the factory DOT3 in my system now. and boy is it UGLY! put the wheels back on it and then go for a drive!

(Pictures tomorrow of everything, more or less)

Quick Reply: Twip's 98 Blazer slo-mo build