Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

ZR2 4 Door Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 03:01 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Why, all that work and you still have problematic s-series 4x4 system.

I put dana 60s under mine and didnt have to chop the frame up.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by neo71665
Why, all that work and you still have problematic s-series 4x4 system.

I put dana 60s under mine and didnt have to chop the frame up.
Let us say he did decide to put dana 60s or SAS it, there is still problems. One, transmissions, two the fuel systems on these blow, three the frames arent the strongest, but they last *you can plate it* and four the transfer case. 231 is one of the most used but people still use the vaccum 233/236.

we dont even know if he is going to lift it. the IFS suspension works wonders if it is done right, and i dont mean done right such as the petersons 4wheel magazine where they dump 2500$ in axle shafts. Not many people have problems with it, some do. I for one never did.

Lets move on i want to see this did.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:02 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

pure greatness goin on here man lol keep it up

Old 09-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Starting Member
PlanB4x4 is on a distinguished road

that thing is pretty b/a, probably something gm should of just made to be honest.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:42 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carrico4
Let us say he did decide to put dana 60s or SAS it, there is still problems. One, transmissions, two the fuel systems on these blow, three the frames arent the strongest, but they last *you can plate it* and four the transfer case. 231 is one of the most used but people still use the vaccum 233/236.

we dont even know if he is going to lift it. the IFS suspension works wonders if it is done right, and i dont mean done right such as the petersons 4wheel magazine where they dump 2500$ in axle shafts. Not many people have problems with it, some do. I for one never did.

Lets move on i want to see this did.

My factory 700r4, np207, and tbi worked fine for the 2 years i ran it before i decided to tear it down for a 5.7. I've ran a 383 on the stock truck frame into the low 6s on the 1/8th with no problems. That was a first gen that didnt have the extra boxing a 2nd gen has. i am building a custom blazer frame but to only 4 link and put my 4x4 on one ton rated air suspension. After i looked into it all the stuff i wanted to do i was better off starting from scratch than hack a factory one up and start over.

For problems with ifs, they far outweigh the goods. My point was simply all the work done swapping one ifs to another one just for a small amount of lift it would have been simplier and likely cheaper to do a sas. The end results would have been far stronger.

Last edited by neo71665; 09-28-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Maybe he doesn't want the lift that comes with the sas?

Maybe he wants the road manners of the ifs?

Maybe he just wanted to do something unique and make a 4 door ZR2?

SAS's are not the be all and end all.

I'd do what he did in heart beat if I wanted a unique daily driver and had everything I needed to do it.

Can't wait to see this finished!

Old 09-28-2012, 04:37 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by neo71665
For problems with ifs, they far outweigh the goods. My point was simply all the work done swapping one ifs to another one just for a small amount of lift it would have been simplier and likely cheaper to do a sas. The end results would have been far stronger.
Good point..

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
Maybe he doesn't want the lift that comes with the sas?

Maybe he wants the road manners of the ifs?

Can't wait to see this finished!
Who says SAS has anything to do with lift???? With links and coil overs you can have a SAS Blazer at factory height... Common misconception, everyone thinks that SAS means 15 inches of lift. It can mean that but doesnt have to.

But i still think the idea and dedication to this project is cool.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Beginning Member
tttlesabre is on a distinguished road

I did not want the sas swap. I just wanted a small lift and this way was cheaper than the aftermarket lift kits. Also cheaper the sas. I will drive everyday and like the ifs ride and parts availability if something breaks.
Besides a sas is not the answer for everyone.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Starting Member
kenny100034 is on a distinguished road

this thing is awesome, i too always thought that a 4 door zr2 would have been a great idea, wheeling with the family comfortably, GM definitely dropped the ball by not bringing this to the public

Old 09-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Beginning Member
Leo_p is on a distinguished road

All I can say is wow...... Thats one hell of a build keep it up very interested

Quick Reply: ZR2 4 Door Blazer