Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Found cheap paint guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Beginning Member
eric_marchi is on a distinguished road
Default Found cheap paint guy

Hey guys just wanted to let people that live in Ontario know that I found a really awesome paint guy in the GTA. Hes painting my blazer for 750 bux and that include some minor bondo work. He does this as a hobby out of his garage which is setup as a paint booth very professionally. Im taking my blazer in this weekend and I will post pictures to show the quality and if someone is looking for paint I will leave his contact info.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:31 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

just so you know, Ontario is kinda big, eh.

while i'd have o see it in person to pass fair judgement, i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:34 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

I've seen better paint jobs come out of people barns (even a gravel driveway paint job) then I have seen come out of somebody shops... just sayin....

hobbiers actually care about how it looks, not just the coin in their pocket...

Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

and i've seen better jobs done in my driveway with a rattle can, than some of these so called "hobbiest".

which is why i said..............

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
while i'd have o see it in person to pass fair judgement, i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:28 AM
Beginning Member
eric_marchi is on a distinguished road

I agree with you that you get what you pay for but I seen the guys work and honestly he does an awesome job. I will post before and after pics once I get it done. Its going in next weekend not this weekend cause we got the dates mixed up.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:22 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Agree, but when we have time that's roughly what we would charge for a paint job, if you search f250 you will see the work we do... it's not very hard to spray automotive... the biggest thing is dust, hose down the area before you spray if you don't have a proper 'controlled' environment.

My truck we didn't sand anything between coats, i primed it, g.f painted it, boss cleared it...

One thing I would suggest is find out what paint he is using,(base clear, enamel, urethane, etc etc) just cause it looks good now doesn't mean it will in 6 month... or after you pressure wash it... I've hit mine with 5000 psi )
Enamel is cheap crap paint, base clear is your standard automotive pant, urethane is more an industrial paint but stronger) also find out the brand it does make a big difference with durability...