Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cheap cat-back; to paint or not to paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap cat-back; to paint or not to paint?

So... I just ordered a cheap catback system and I am wondering if its a worthwile cause to paint the system before install. I dont want to waste my time if thats what im doing, but I would like to do any kindof preventative maintenance I can to make this system last a while and still look good ( mostly the parts that can be seen I suppose. im thinking more protective than aesthetics though.)

Any input will help, have at it boys...

EDIT: Cat-Back System is a Dynomax 17366

Last edited by Ugly_Monkey; 02-23-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Stupid Brain... Doh!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Well, I know the Flowmasters have a problem rusting out, and the way a lot of the F-body guys got around/bought more time for that problem was to spray hi-temp engine paint on it that most people normally use for headers. The guy who had the most success with that route was a guy who lived in Minnesota where they salt the roads quite frequently. His had been holding up strong through 5 winters last time I talked to him.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:57 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I think I'll be doing the same with my "Edelbrock" custom Catback when I'm done it this summer... which reminds me, I have to call Summit Racing to get pricing for shipping.