Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

What to use to get heavy grease out of seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 11:16 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by '93BLZR
The owner if the shop is a good friend if my dad and uncle, so I can't really say anything about it. As for that happening, it's because his workers are irresponsible. They've caused several problems on our other cars before, but I can't do anything about it
Sorry to hear that. Just glad you were able to get it cleaned up.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:55 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

IMHO you actually can do something.
And even worse that he is a good friend of relatives. Don't let such things get into the way of getting your car back into a state where you can use it as before.
Acquaintance never relieves from responsibility. And being friends is in now way an obligation for you to let something like this slip. I would talk to my dad and uncle first and tell them that I would confront their friend with the facts of the bad work that happened in the shop.

2nd possibility and probably what i would do anyway is to change the place where you let your car service. It seems a common occurrence in that place that they mess up.

I would never let something like that slip, because grease on the seats is a real issue, to the point where you have to change the seat and probably a couple of jeans as well.

Written complaint to the owner with pictures.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:00 AM
Starting Member
'93BLZR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by error_401
IMHO you actually can do something.
And even worse that he is a good friend of relatives. Don't let such things get into the way of getting your car back into a state where you can use it as before.
Acquaintance never relieves from responsibility. And being friends is in now way an obligation for you to let something like this slip. I would talk to my dad and uncle first and tell them that I would confront their friend with the facts of the bad work that happened in the shop.

2nd possibility and probably what i would do anyway is to change the place where you let your car service. It seems a common occurrence in that place that they mess up.

I would never let something like that slip, because grease on the seats is a real issue, to the point where you have to change the seat and probably a couple of jeans as well.

Written complaint to the owner with pictures.
When I get registration on the blazer, I'll go downtown to their shop and talk to them about serlveral things. As for now, I have no choice but to wait

Old 03-17-2019, 05:51 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer11 is on a distinguished road

Load some Super Clean (used to be by Castrol) into a bissel steam cleaner should work !

Old 11-19-2019, 12:23 AM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

I work And have worked in Body shops all my life.. Paper floor mats And plastic seat covers at all shops ..My shop now has both mechanical and body No matter what your Car/Truck is in for We do the paper and plastic , Then a pre wash And pre scan Take pictures of the Truck inside and out ..Miles damages Then write on the rear side window : 280321 - Co-op Ins - Date in/out This way nothing gets confused, Any other damage is on the pictures All Body shop cars are once again cleaned after the work..Wash, Rim Acid, Salt stain remove (Canada) Rubbers and jams cleaned, Trunk, Washer fluid topped up, check the Batt cables, lights and horn, Tire press ...The extra mile i do is Power wash the mats ..heavy duty grease remover and other cleaners Then compressed air to dry them out (Look new) We had a few request for a full detail in which the seats were bad with oil and grease The trick is Grease remover add on thick let it set 5-10 mins scrub brush And a upolstery steam cleaner Then proper fabric cleaner scrub, extact, Due to the amount of grease and dirt that had been there for min 5 months if not more The finsh was faded on the seats to a lighter Black fabric ...You can buy Fabric paint at local part stores ( In Canada - Canadian tire- Autozone) In the USA i never been to them But Pep Boys / Auto zone I have used this paint on my Gray Blazer seats to turn black And used 3/4 of the can per seat