Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

e3 sparkplugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 10:57 PM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default e3 sparkplugs

i just paid 6 somn a piece for e3 sparkplugs at advance. i saw them on stylinconcepts.com for almost 9. are they a good plug?

Old 11-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: e3 sparkplugs

I see these as just another gimic plug. They aren't platinum IIRC so they'll wear out just as fast as a copper plug for 6x the cost. Also, just think of it this way, if the auto manufacturers thought this was worth it, it would already be in our vehicles.

IMO, only platinum plugs by either AC Delco, NGK, or Autolite would ever find their way into my Bravada. I use cheapy NGK v-power plugs in my Bonneville because I replace them every year. The copper plugs work better on a s/c motor.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

damn kyle, you know everything [sm=hail.gif]

Old 11-17-2006, 04:02 PM

well, *shrugs*. i could've bought some good bosch platinum seires plugs, but they were almost 10 bux a piece. that's outrageous, IMO. i think the e3's are holding up fine, as of now. but who knows what the future will bring.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, Bosch plugs suck, all of them. Their quality control is severely lacking in my experiences with them.

As far as all of these multi-ground plugs go, electricity will ALWAYS follow the path of least resistance. Plugs need the spark energy to clean themselves. As these multi-ground plugs get used, carbon deposits will eventually create a preferred spark point and the rest of the electrodes will simply get more and more deposits. This is why I call them gimic plugs.

And to explain a bit about the marketing hype of the E3 plugs. Their flame propagation image they show really isn't all that valid. The reason they show it like that is to promote their product, obviously. But as a flame front moves, it will burn in all directions and as such, it doesn't have a flow per say. It is true that the ground electrode on regular plugs will inhibit the flame propagation, but only slightly and not to a point where any noticeable gains can be made.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:04 PM

damnnnn...do you work at an automotive place? lol your terminology is awesome.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Administrator

No, I just look up a lot of big words to make it look like I know something. HAHAHA!!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:43 PM

hahaha *hands self a sign* here's my sign...