Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Engine installation tips.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:49 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Engine installation tips.

I am finally dropping the engine back into my '93.
I could use some tips. For some reason I can get teh passengers motor mount bolt back in place, however I can only get the front of the drivers side engine mount to line up. The back doesn't want to line up. Got any tips????

I pulled the passengers side back out, and tried to line up the back of the drivers side motor mount, but no luck. It just wouldn't line up.

REal close to pulling out my drill and makeing it work, but that isn't right. Could use some help here.
Thanks,

Old 08-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Engine installation tips.

Why can't it just work like it does on Trucks, Horse Power TV, etc...?

I had this same problem on my Chevelle when I dropped the motor back down in. I used a long liner punch on the driver's side to pull it inline from the back. How far off is it exactly. Cause with mine, it was only off enough that I couldn't push the bolt through. Alittle tweak with a liner punch to move the rubber part of the mount around a bit and a smack with a hammer on the bolt and it was in. I have also had to use a pry bar on the end of the bolt that is sticking out to line up the mount and then give it a smack with a hammer to send it home. The pry bar route was easier and much safer for the threads on the end of the bolt.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Engine installation tips.

Thanks Swart. I got to thinking about it while in bed last night. I tend to mull over problems in my sleep and come up with solutions. Anyways, I made a half-assed attempt last night, but time was short and I was in a hurry.

I'll try that tomorrow. I think I can get a small punch in to get it started, then work my way up to bolt size. IT's that close. But no joy.