Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

how to remove "the governor"

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:56 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: how to remove "the governor"

Heh, I hit 110mph in my 03' spectra ( governed ), it probably took 1:30sec or so to hit it, you won't catch me doing that ever again, talk about scary sh*t, and with no brakes, LOL!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

I hit about 95mph in my blazer (00 4X4 4dr) and while it still felt fine I have no urge to go faster.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:40 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been somewhere in the 120mph range in my blazer. You can find a used hypertech programmer on ebay for around 150 bucks. With it you can change your top speed limiter to 128mph.

I live in the middle of nowhere and this was on a straight stretch miles long. My friend in front of me had a v6 mustang that cuts out at 120mph. If i hadnt run out of road I could of went around him. My blazer still had a little more left to.

I know this was not smart at all but I had to try it once.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:19 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: drperry

Camaros/Firebirds were governed at 126MPH
No they are governed at 162mph trust me. Im talking 4th gen (93-02) V8s I have no idea what the other ones are or care.

ORIGINAL: tl00camaross

Thats depends on what tires they were equipped with from the factory. Z/28s with z rated tires and SSs have no limiter.
Nope they are 162.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:07 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: BLK85

No they are governed at 162mph trust me. Im talking 4th gen (93-02) V8s I have no idea what the other ones are or care.

ORIGINAL: tl00camaross

Thats depends on what tires they were equipped with from the factory. Z/28s with z rated tires and SSs have no limiter.
Nope they are 162.
Then that was a factory freak, because the F-bodies were always angry that the W-Bodies (family platform, pretty much) was only 2MPH slower from factory, excluding the z28/ss models, THOSE may have been governed at 162mph. All other tires were NOT rated for that speed, and were governed according to the tire capability.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was to that speed behind the wheel of only one f-body and I many more as passanger. I concider myself very knowladgeable on the 4th gen V8 f-bodies mainly 98+. The speedo only goes to 155. The speedo stops there and the tach keeps going. I know the speedo is off at those speeds but its not 35mph off. I know for a fact with absolutely 100% certainty that the 98+ V8 F-bodies were limited to 162. Below is a site if you dont beleive me, also troll around ls1tech.com for a little bit. Im talking about 98+ V8 6 speed Fbody I could really care less about the V6 model.

http://www.angelfire.com/ga/cincity/...sc.html#ch4_8j

Old 02-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

WTH does this have to do with Blazers? Quit the petty bickering already!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
pokergirl_lynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I love my 1995 blazer 4.3L stock. I have had my speeds above 100mph it happened while running the AC. I was clocked from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Dept at 110mph, I was on a main route, racing my friends (lol), Since then nothing but troubles from my engine!!!!!Wont do it ever again. It was fun, and yes I did beat 2Honda's with summit racing chips in them..lol...Gotta love that Blazer!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you... [&o]

Please read the rules of the forum. Street racing is illegal and as a result, discussion of such topics is prohibited.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:45 PM
skitzobmxr is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my 91 s10 blazer up to 105mph and then it started smellin reallly bad so i slowed down but it had plenty more to give

Quick Reply: how to remove "the governor"