Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

more HP

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Beginning Member
mikes87k5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default more HP

Well I have taken the a/c unit off, and my next step is to put on an 8 bladed electric fan I ordered from my lmc truck catalog, but the belt attached to the fan pulley is attached to a pulley that I am unaware of its purpose. It has a hose that runs out of the top back part that runs into some kind of unit. (emissions maybe I don't know) I was wanting to know any issues I might have when I take the belt off and that pulley is no longer running.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:07 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: more HP

If you put your vehicle information into your signature, it will help folks know what you're working on.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member
BuckingBullMan is on a distinguished road

its in his signature

Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that the suggestion was made at the end of 2008, one could assume that the OP took the suggestion and added it... Did you have anything else to add to this thread, BuckingBullMan, or did you just want to pick...

As far as the question regarding the thing behind the pulley with hoses, etc... That is likely the smog pump or air pump. It pumps fresh air into the exhaust to increase catalytic converter efficiency. It would not really impact much if you were to remove it although it is against the law to defeat emissions devices.

But removing the belt will cause other problems... For instance, your water pump and alternator will no longer turn...