Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

quite a few problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:48 PM
prototype80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quite a few problems

ok today i went to check out the 89 s10 blazer 2wd 2dr i have been looking at. there are some problems that maybe you guys can help me with, maybe not....i am more frustrated after waiting a year to see this thing only to be disappointed at what i did see.

1. the most serious of the problems, when you start the truck it has a rough idle, you cant really tell when when it is idling unless gripping the steering wheel, then when you shift it into drive, the thing sputters and im not talking barely sputtering im talking about really really noticable sputtering like the gas pedal goes dead for a second then catches again then releases and catches. this is also followed by when sitting at an idle the truck turning off but, able to turn right back on. the motor isnt too old maybe 2 years old maybe 25k miles on it, it was crate motor. this is the most serious problem, i am really bothered by this

2. the dash lights do not come on heater, speedometer, nothing....i am thinking its a fuse, i didnt have time to check it out. the interior light will come on though when door is opened not sure if they are on the same fuse or what, but this is pretty serious

3. the horn is absent although when i touch the lead wire to the metal on the steering wheel it honks...anyone got a spare steering wheel and horn assembly lying around?

4 weather stripping.....wow i havent seen dry rot this bad in a very long time. how hard is it to replace all this mess

5. got a rub in the front end on the drivers side front wheel, i cannot find where the wheel is rubbing but it is hitting something, only evidnce i can find where it is rubbing is the front valance is cracked on the left front, i am thinking maybe it is blowing back and rubbing it...although it still rubs when barely rolling

6. the dash pad on top has the normal cracks...i have a lmc truck catalog. what does it take and is it worth it or should i find someone to fiberglass it and smooth this problem over.

ok here is a list of parts that i may need, front seats, rear bench seat, center console. let me know if you guys can offer me a decent deal on these, i will admit im strapped for cash right now. let me know what you guys think i dont know if i should get this truck with this many problems and money being so tight, the front bumper, grill, marker lights, rear bumper and tailgate, front valance and headliner, rear view mirror and any plastic for the rear tailgate will have to be replaced also due to damage or failure to report for service. thanks for the help guys

Report this post

Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 PM
tim
tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: quite a few problems

well i have a center console for a 99 s-10 blazer but its a automatic and the stick might be in the way but if not i have one for you? no problem

Old 02-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: quite a few problems

Completely different vehicles...

Please do not dig up threads that are over 6 months old...