Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Show me your 4.3's

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:43 AM
chevylane2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Show me your 4.3's

I'm out for a new paint scheme for my engine as I will taking her down to the block thursday. My Body color is dark red with silver stripes but will be going to an orange or green with the same silver stripes before to long. What I need from you peoples is some pictures of your painted engines to pull ideas from. No worries, I will not match it to nobody elses in intirety. I hate when someone does something the exact way I did. I just need ideas in the part for part area.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Default RE: Show me your 4.3's

so nobody has a painted motor

Old 11-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's painted black (from the factory)... We have some with customized rides, but I doubt that many have gone to that extent.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:27 PM

Well I know that people pull the heads for bigger valves and porting. I just figured maybe some got bored and painted too.

Old 11-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just make it a nice glossy color, nothing too bright, i don't like that look. Black would probably be your best bet. One bright color i do like is silver, that would match your stripes.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:28 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't have anythoing yet, but when my sonoma's done ill paint that motor. my scheme is going to be VW cyber green w/black flames. my motor will be black with misc. pieces painted green like the pullies, mabye valve cover, and whatever else i can pull off easily to paint.
ps
i just had to share with everyone that i found out my wifes parents got me some a/m 59 caddy taillights for x-mas![sm=icon_rock.gif] but you didn't hear it from me......

Old 11-25-2005, 04:48 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

thats pimpy zero.
chevylane2003 I would just paint it black or maby like Canadian88 said silver.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:54 PM

Well guys I have figured it out. After a long talk with the old lady and a lot of photoshop work to help with her imagination it has been desided.

The exterior will be changed to a shade of brighter red. I will be keeping the silver stripes since we have both developed an appeal to the old style muscle look. If not stripes it will have a graphic that is highly set with the silver aspect. So between now and the time that gets done I get to start pulling parts off the engine compartment walls to make the wall flat black. I may end up doing a temp job on the exterior till I get the body damage fixed. ( The whole rear panel on the driver side gets to be replaced since the last owner rubbed something with it and caved it in a little.) This would make a good time to start any shaving I may do.
As far as shaving I will be ditching the roof rack, adding a body mount spoiler from like a mustang, haven't made up my mind on a rollpan or just painting the bumpers to match the body (I've been rear-ended with a roll pan and it didn't make a pretty repair list), building a cowl hood, my washer nozle that I don't use anymore, and maybe the antenna. I probably won't do any suicide work since it doesn't really fit into the muscle era.

The interior is already black and burgandy I will just have to convert the burgandy to match the red on the exterior. Since the black is already there that makes it pretty versital.

Now, with all this, the engine is and will be as follows.
Black block, water pump, valve covers with grooves sanded and cleared, throttle body/ red heads, alt, air, plug wires, sensors/ silver intake, brackets, timing cover, tank caps, dip sticks/ chrome breather for now and more later maybe/rusty exhaust manifolds till I get the headers. Blue will also be thrown in to help blend in the blue gaskets. All of my vacuum lines have braided steel so the end are now blue and the plug wires will end up blue.

After that I get to pull the steering box back off and make it black. Joy. Maybe this time I won't blow the pitman seals.

After it is all back together and I get a new cable to run from my cam to the comp (Mine got screwed) I will put up some pics.