Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

truck won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default truck won't start

ALl right, here is the preamble

Buddy of mine took off the oil lines that run fromt he front mounted oil filter on my 96 S-Blazer with 4.3. He didn't realize that there were quick disconnects for those lines. Anyway, thought it was gng to hold, and drove my blazer the line blew off and shut the truck down. replaced the oil line with new (40 dollars) and now the truck won't start. Engine is not seized, batt fine, getting good fuel press, had starter tested, fine. When i turn the key, the battery voltage drops to about 4 V. I think that I have a short somewhere, or a bad ground.but nothing has changed, cept for 4 quarts of oil on everything on drivers sode of engine. Any places that I can check off hand, or ideas? thanks in advance.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:14 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: truck won't start

Get underneath it and bang the starter with a hammer a few times. It is Swartkk's idea not mine. He said that. Not me.

Disconnect the battery for awhile. See if it throws any codes with a scanner.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

starter tested - fine. throwing no codes, had batt disco for a day.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:19 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

have you tried getting a jump start?? have somebody hook some jumper cables up to you and see if you still have the voltage drop when turning the key. it might help you narrow your problem down or it might not help at all but at least worth a shot if you havent tried it yet.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Had this exact same problem on my cousin's Neon this weekend. Gave the battery terminals a good cleaning and it started just fine.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:09 PM
91_4_Door is an unknown quantity at this point

getting all that oil off the engine, may be a good starting point. bottle of simple green and a garden hose. But that sounds like something i would make your buddy do.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:49 PM
thepurlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Disconect the ECM for a day or so with the battery negative disconected.The ECM willnot decharge all the way and close the gate unless unpluggged even if the batter is disconected.Then rehook it up.If it starts go buy a ECM .That being you already checked the starter cyliniod I would take it?Also get the oil off the motor and recheck the OPS sensor is not arking.You gotta clean that motor but my guess would be you got oil in the alt throwing and ark to the voltage regulator in the alt shorting it out or you threw an ark to the Ecm.Like I said only a guess as I can not see it.