Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1995 Blazer - Valve Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Beginning Member
chevyblazerfan is on a distinguished road

I'm really crossing my fingers here. Do these heads fit both sides? Reason I ask. I was just out trying to insert the temp sensor back into the engine and noticed for some reason, the dipstick was in the way. I came back in to look at a few pictures I had taken and realized that the original left head is on the right and the right on the left. of course i have knock sensors on both sides threaded into the bottom half of the heads and then on the drivers side there was also the temp sensor and the pass. side had a plug. well...now the driver side has the plug and the hole for the temp sensor is on the pass side. please tell me these heads are interchangeable and I don't have to take these heads off again and do a switcheroo. That I can just insert the plug in the pass. side? Heads I've found offered for sale are for both sides. Is this going to make any difference? Like I said before, the rocker arms were already mixed up, so in that sense I don't really see the difference, but what other problems can I run into? Bolt holes??? I'm still trying to track down all of the "what bolt goes where" because they were all thrown into a box.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It shouldn't matter. They should be identical. Just swap the plug over to the appropriate head and install the coolant temp sending unit in the other head.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks. I was hoping that was the case, but wanted to be sure before I went any further.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Beginning Member

DISREGARD - (Wire would be from the coil...which isn't on the vehicle yet - I'm going to bed. LOL GN)

Having trouble finding the second wire to the distributor. The larger one was there when I dropped the distributor, but the second I'm having trouble locating. Does it come from the left or right wiring harness? And any certain color on the connector I should be looking for?

ETA - I found a pic in this thread for a 1991. Don't know how similar these would, but gives me somewhere to look.

Last edited by chevyblazerfan; 04-26-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Should be the same as that '91 although those wires look to be out of the harness...

Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Beginning Member

another day, another problem...

The plug in the opposite head of the one with the temp sensor has insert that would normally would be thought to take a 3/8 ratchet head to remove, but the hole is smaller than 3/8 and larger than 1/4. Is there a special tool to remove these plugs? Tried extractor set but wasn't enough of a lip for grabbing. Tried all of the auto parts suppliers and no one seems to know what kind of tool to use.

Here's an image:

Pipe plug, shows head size 5/16 inch. where could i find a pipe plug tool and is 5/16" specifically the size head I need on the tool to remove??

Last edited by chevyblazerfan; 04-27-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Beginning Member

I was finally able to fashion a tool to remove the plug with an old bolt and a dremel. Got the job done!

I don't guess there's anywhere that has diagrams for the two brackets on the front of the engine. I'm still trying to track down which bolts go where from bracket to heads. Couple of studs and I think, three bolts. And I can't find any torque specs for the brackets to head/block bolts?