Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1996 4.3

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 1996 4.3

The fuel pump is not at fault if you are filling the engine with fuel... You have a fuel leak internal to the engine! Most likely culprit on a SCFI motor such as you have is the fuel pressure regulator.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
cj599 is an unknown quantity at this point

no **** i was clearing the engine out of fuel so it wouldent be hydrolocked so i unhooked the fuel pump so it would burn off the fuel in the engine now if i left it pluged in and pulled the plugs wouldent it still be pumping the manifold full of fuel??? and i dident have this problem untill i changed the pump the reason i changed the fuel pump is that i noticed cold staring it was only pushing 35 psi

Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds frustrating. And it seems like your frustration is coming through in your posts and directed towards the people who are trying to help you. I will say this, of all the technical and knowledgable people on here, NONE of them do well with language or being disrespected. They are taking their own time to answer your posts, sharing the information they've learned over the years. Take it easy on the language.

Keep at it and try not to get too discouraged.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:07 PM

i know im verry srry but i felt i was being disraspecked telling me its not a fuel pump issue on cold mornings the old fuel pump was pushing only about 35psi until it was running this hole thing is driving me nuts 2 weeks ago i put a fuel presser reg. in itto see if that was the problem and now i have to do it again and i already put a new iac sensor in it too

Old 01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It seems we are having a difference of terms here. What do you mean by hydro-locked? Typically, the term hydro-locked is used to state that an incompressible liquid has filled one or more cylinders of the engine, preventing the engine crank shaft from rotating.

We are trying to help here...

Old 01-13-2008, 06:27 PM

yes that is what i meen the cyclenders are filled up with fuel i pulled the plugs unpluged the fuel pump and turned it over then put the plugs back in started it up and let it burn off all the fuel that had built up and tomaro im going to replace the fpr again and see if it helps and im really sorry for the cursing it just really frustrating i wonder if oriellys sold a foulty or different fuel press reg it was a little diff looking but it fit fine ill try it again

Old 01-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Ok. You know that there is a leak somewhere under the plenum.

Now, here is how I would approach this. Remove the fuel lines from on top of the engine. Then remove the plenum. Reinstall the fuel lines and pressurize the fuel system, looking for leaks. It is possible that the o-ring on the FPR got pinched during assembly or something else completely unrelated. If fuel is pouring out of the FPR nipple, the FPR is completely at fault.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 PM

yep that was exactly what i was thinking just remove the plastic cover and hook the lines up and turn the key on ill do that tomaro

Old 01-14-2008, 06:38 PM

turns out the oring on the pressure reg squeezed out one side shes all back togather running like a champ thank you very very very much

Old 01-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Administrator

I knew it was going to be something like that! Good job on getting it all fixed up!